RBI Assistant 2019 Exam will be conducted online and will have two phases, prelims and mains. RBI Assistant prelims exam will be conducted on November 27 and 28, 2019. Prelims exam pattern remains unchanged, however certain changes are introduced in Mains exam.
Following are the changes introduced by the RBI:
- There will be Sectional as well as overall cutoff for both prelims and Mains.
- There will be sectional time limit in mains exam. Earlier only composite time was given.
- A candidate cannot switch between the sections because of sectional time.
- Time duration will be increased by 15 minutes for mains. Total time duration now is 2hours and 15 minutes.
Facts about RBI Assistant Exam Pattern:
- The total marks allotted for the prelim exam is 100.
- The total marks allotted for the mains exam is 200.
- Candidate has to clear both the prelims and mains exam to be eligible for the post.
- Sectional time limit is applied in the Mains exam only.
RBI Assistant Exam 2019 Highlights
|Conducting authority||Reserve Bank of India|
|Exam Category||National Level Exam/Recruitment|
|Vacancies||623 assistant post|
|Stage||3: Prelims, Main, Language Proficiency|
|Duration of Prelims||2 hours|
|Maximum marks in Prelims||100|
|Maximum marks in Mains||200|
RBI Assistant Exam 2019 Important Dates
|RBI Assistant Prelims Exam Date||November 27 and 28, 2019|
|RBI Assistant Main Exam Date||December 20, 2019|
|Result declaration||April 2020 (Tentative)|
RBI Assistant Exam 2019 Exam Pattern
Paper Pattern for Prelim
- Total time allowed: 2 hours
- Total number of questions: 100 questions.
- No sectional time limit.
|S. No.||Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
- Total time allowed: 135 minutes
- Total question: 200 questions.
- There is sectional time limit for each section.
- One can’t switch between sections.
|Sr. No.||Section||No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration (mins)|
Language Proficiency Test (LPT)
After selection from the main examination, candidates will have to take a language proficiency test (LPT). The test will be conducted in the Official / Local Language of the State concerned (Refer Annex-IV of the official notification released). A candidate who is not proficient in the Official/Local Language would be disqualified.
RBI Assistant Exam 2019 Marking Scheme
The marking scheme is applicable for both prelims and mains:
- For every correct answer: +1 marks
- For every wrong answer: -0.25 marks
- For every un- attempted question: 0 marks
RBI Assistant Exam 2019 Syllabus
Reading Comprehension, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Correction, Word Meanings, Cloze Test, One Word Substitution, Sentence Rearrangement, Sentence Completion, Phrases, Active and Passive Voice
Time and Distance, Time and Work, HCF and LCM, Simple and Compound Interest, Problems on Trains, Average, Probability, Assumptions and conclusion, Permutation and Combination, Pipes& Cistern, Number System, Geometry, Mensuration, Percentage, Algebra and Trigonometry.
Languages, Basic Hardware and Software, History of Computers, Devices, Viruses and Hacking.
Current World News, Current India News, Geography Concepts, History Concepts, Political Science, Banking Awareness, RBI Terms, Emoluments and Other Benefits, Acts and Laws related to Bank (RBI)
RBI Assistant Exam 2019 Books
|Subject||Book Name||Author||ISBN no.|
|English||Objective General English||S.P. Bakshi||9789351768449|
|English||A New Approach to Objective English||S. Rajinder Dhillon||9788186651032|
|Quantitative||Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Rajesh Verma||9789351760146|
|Quantitative||Problems In MATHEMATICS with Hints and Solutions||V. Govorov , P. Dybov , N. Miroshin, S. Smirnova||9789351762553|
|Quantitative||Mathematics for Class 11||R.D. Sharma||9789383182954|
|Quantitative||Mathematics – Class XII (Set of 2 Volumes)||R.D. Sharma||9789383182367|
|Computer knowledge||Computer Awareness Single Edition||Mini Goyal, Sweta Rani||9789351761600|
|Reasoning||A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal||9789352535743|
|Reasoning||A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||R S Agarwal||9789352535316|
|General Knowledge||Indian Year Book English/ Hindi||Publications Division||9788123023281|
|General Knowledge||Manorama Year Book English/ Hindi||Mathew & Mammen Manorama||978-938602520|
RBI Assistant Exam 2019 FAQs
- What are the local languages of the offices?
- The local languages of the offices of RBI are:
- Ahmedabad – Gujarati
- Bengaluru – Kannada
- Bhopal – Hindi
- Bhubaneswar – Oriya
- Chandigarh – Punjabi / Hindi
- Chennai – Tamil
- Guwahati – Assamese / Bengali / Khasi / Manipuri
- Hyderabad – Telugu
- Jaipur – Hindi
- Jammu – Urdu / Hindi
- Kanpur & Lucknow – Hindi
- Kolkata – Bengali
- Mumbai – Marathi
- Nagpur – Marathi / Hindi
- New Delhi – Hindi
- Patna – Hindi
- Thiruvananthapuram – Malayalam
- What is the total mark/ weightage allotted to LPT?
- There is no mark allotted to LPT, it is only for qualification.
- Is the exam bilingual?
- Except for English Language section, the paper will be bilingual, i.e. English and Hindi.
- Is there any change in the RBI Assistant 2019 exam pattern?
- The change in RBI assistant 2019 exam is that sectional time limit is introduced in the Mains exam unlike composite time limit in the previous years. Also, candidates wouldn’t be able to switch between sections now.