MAT September Result 2019 will be announced by AIMA on September 28, 2019 at the official portal (www.aima.in).Enter the issued Registration No. and Roll No. to access your score cards. The generated document containing sectional and overall scores of MAT 2019 will not be sent via post/email.
MAT score validity is of one year. Qualifying candidates will be called by the participating colleges for a Written Ability Test, followed by a Group Discussion/ Personal Interview round. These are the colleges that the candidate applied for at the time of registration.
Read on to know more about the results of MAT, scorecard, important dates and calculation of scores.
MAT September expected cut off in all the top MBA colleges go in the range of 70 to 80+ MAT percentile. The cut offs are applicable in all the colleges accepting the exam score for MBA admission 2019. The colleges cut off 2019 are based on last year MAT 2019 Cut off.
MAT 2019 Result Date
AIMA generally declares MAT Result after a week of the exam date. Find all the important result dates of MAT 2019 below:
|MAT September 2019 Exam Date (Offline)||September 1, 2019|
|MAT September 2019 Exam Date (Online)||September 14, 2019|
|Announcement of MAT September Result 2019||September 28, 2019|
|List of shortlisted candidates for WAT, GD and PI rounds||April 2019|
|Final Selection||April 2019|
Steps to check MAT results
Step 1: Visit the official website of AIMA.
Step 2: Click on “MAT Result Dec. 2019” link
Step 3: A log-in screen will open. Enter the issued Registration No. and Roll No.
Step 4: Click ‘Submit’ to view your MAT Scorecard.
Step 5: Download your results for future reference.
MAT Result on SMS
- AIMA provides the facility to check Result of MAT Exam on SMS.
- This facility has been introduced to ease the whole result checking procedure.
- To get MAT Result on SMS, the candidate can send the following message-
“MATS Form No. DOB (ddmmyy) to 54242”.
For example- MATS 200492 031480 to 54242.
Note- The contact number is applicable to all phone operators.
What after MAT Result?
Candidates have to apply to MAT Colleges (maximum 6 colleges) before or after the exam. For applying to the colleges, follow the below procedure:
Step 1: Visit the official website.
Step 2: Click on the link for the applying in colleges.
Step 3: Enter the Registration Number and DOB.
Step 4: Click on submit button.
Step 5: Apply for the colleges and save the form.Note: If a candidate wishes to apply for additional colleges, then he has to fill up the form and send it to the AIMA’s address. An additional fee of INR 75 per college has to be paid by them if they are applying before the test date, else they have to pay INR 100 per college.
MAT 2019 Score Card
- MAT Score Card 2019 is issued by All India Management Association (AIMA).
- Candidates can view/download MAT Score from aima.in or check it through SMS.
- It is also dispatched through normal post during the last week of the month of the test.
- The score card represents the marks scored in different subjects of MAT 2019 (Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, and Indian and Global Environment).
- MAT score is valid for one year from the month of its declaration.
- Any queries regarding MAT Score, if any, send an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call at helpline 011-47673020.
- MAT Score is accepted in nearly 600 B-Schools across India.
Details on MAT Score Card
The details mentioned in the score card are:
- Name of the candidate
- Form No.
- Test month and year
- Roll No.
- Date of birth
- Work experience in months
- Scaled scores in different subjects
Copy of MAT Scorecard
Duplicate MAT Score Card
- Candidates who did not receive their score card can apply for a duplicate score card.
- The queries for a duplicate score card will be entertained by the authorities only after the 15th of the subsequent month.
- The procedure for obtaining the duplicate score card is as follows:
Step 1: Submit an application on a plain paper requesting for a duplicate score card.
Step 2: Photocopy of the lower half of the admit card, which was signed by the invigilator or some Govt. ID proof.
Step 3: On a self-addressing envelope of 24cm by 12cm size, the address must be written in capital letters and a postal stamp must be affixed of INR 40 to send by Speed Post.
Step 4: The above-mentioned document must be then sent to:
Manager – CMS
All India Management Association
Management House14, Institutional Area
Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003
Note: All applications for a duplicate score card, until 45 days of the declaration of MAT result, will be entertained free of cost. Any late applications will be charged with INR 100 in the form of a Demand Draft drawn in favor of All India Management Association, payable at Delhi.
How to Calculate MAT Score?
We all know that MAT is held after every 3 months. All of these test papers September vary in difficulty each time. These slight differences are accounted for during the scaling process. As a result of these adjustments, equal scaled scores in MAT resultrepresent about the same level of ability, as measured by the MAT test, regardless of the administration or when MAT exam was taken.
MAT Result will represent scores of 6 subjects viz. Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning and Indian & Global Environment. Here are some important points about them:
- Scores for all sections except Indian & Global Environment are reported on scales ranging from 0-100. Here, the score below 20 or above 80 is rare.
- In MAT, composite scores will be reported on a scale ranging from 199 to 801. Here, scores below 200 and above 800 is rare.
- These uncommon scores in result i.e. all below 200 are reported as 199 and all above 800 are reported as 801.
- For the subject Indian & Global Environment, a separate score is calculated on a scale of 0-100. This section is not considered while calculating the percentile score and merit position. Here, scores below 20 or above 80 are rare.
- Composite score in MAT is calculated with these 4 subjects only since they relate to specific skills that one acquires over a long period of time. Hence, all these sections carry equal marks.
- Along with these scores, a percentile figure is also given below the score in the score card for Result. Each of these indicates the percentage of examinees who scored below the Candidate based on the entire MAT testing population for the test. The percentile figure in MAT result September change marginally with each MAT exam.
Trending Questions on MAT Results
Ques. How do I apply for colleges after MAT results are announced?
Ans. For applying to the colleges, follow the below steps:
- Visit the official website
- Click on the link for the applying in colleges
- Enter the Registration Number and DOB
- Click on submit button
- Apply for the colleges
- Save the form
Ques. What to do after MAT Result?
Ans. Once your result for MAT Exam is declared, you September begin applying for the colleges of your choice. Selection will be purely based on your marks in MAT and other selection rounds. A good MAT Result will land you in a good college and lead you to a lucrative salary package.
Ques. How will applied colleges under MAT exam contact me after my result?
Ans. You will be required to send your MAT Score to any 5 institutes. They will notify you via email and SMS if you get shortlisted by the exam authorities. Further rounds of selection that are conducted separately by all MAT Colleges include a written ability test, group discussion, and personal interview.
Ques. Which colleges should I apply for under MAT?
Ans. There are more than 600 B-Schools in India that accept MAT Score. Given below are some of the Top B-schools accepting MAT Score:
|Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship||IFIM Business School|
|Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad||Alliance School of Business, Bangalore|
|Balaji Institute of Modern Management, Pune||Amity Business School, Noida|
|PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore||SCMS|
Ques. What is the difference between CMAT and MAT, in terms of colleges it could get you in?
Ans. CMAT is conducted by AICTE i.e. All India Council of Technical Education. Hence, all its participating colleges must be AICTE approved in order to accept MAT Result. Some of the top colleges that accept CMAT Score include top colleges like IMT, MICA, FORE Delhi, K. J. Somaiya etc.
On the other hand, AIMA, the conducting body of MAT, cannot mandate any such condition. Only the member institutes of AIMA accept MAT Result.
MAT Cut off 2019
- MAT Cutoff is the minimum qualifying percentage which is released by AIMA. This cutoff is used for the selection of candidates.
- Other than official cut off released by AIMA, the colleges accepting MAT also release their separate cutoff.
- Candidates fulfilling the minimum cutoff criteria can apply using their MAT Score card. It can be downloaded from the official website.
- It is expected that MAT cut off will go high this year. The reason behind the high cut off is the number of candidates appearing for the exam, level of difficulty of the exam and reservation norms.
- The expected MAT Cut off for Colleges 2019 is given below.
|B-Schools||Expected MAT 2019 Cutoff Scores|
|Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship||700|
|Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad||650|
|Balaji Institute of Modern Management, Pune||600|
|PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore||600|
|Amity Business School, Noida||500|
|Alliance School of Business, Bangalore||500|
|IFIM Business School||500|
MAT 2019 Selection Process
- The selection process varies from B-School to B-School. Usually, after the candidate has taken the entrance test, a merit list is issued by the colleges and accordingly, candidates are called for the next step of the admission process. This includes group discussion and personal interview.
- If a candidate clears the group discussion and personal interview as per the rules of the college, he is granted admission to his chosen course and college.
- Some colleges also have additional selection criteria of written ability test or essay writing rounds along, with the GD and PI rounds.
- The majority of the management colleges now give higher weightage to a candidate’s performance in the written test. This is so because it is easier to judge a candidate’s viewpoints while he is writing, unlike in GD/PI. Also, a soft-spoken candidate often loses his chance in a GD round. So, we advise you to score well in MAT 2019.
- This year, MAT Counselling will begin from October 2019 onwards, for admission to more than 700 MBA programs.
- Registration for online counseling is important in order to participate in it on the provided date.
- Submission of counselling fee should also be done online.
We wish all the deserving candidates save themselves a seat in one of the top colleges accepting MAT Result. Make sure you leave no stone unturned during your preparation period. Good luck!
MAT Result FAQs
Ques. How can we check MAT Result?
Ans. MAT 2019 Results will be available on the official website of AIMA. The link for results will be displayed on the home page.
Ques. What all details are required to check MAT Result?
Ans. Candidates will be required to enter Roll number, Form number and Test month to access their MAT Results.
Ques. What all will be displayed in the MAT Result?
Ans. The result displayed will show the composite score as well as sectional score in MAT. Apart from this the scorecard will display details of the candidate- name, application number, roll number, category, gender, work experience and validity of scorecard.
Ques. Are the scores displayed, normalized?
Ans. As the exam is conducted in multiple shifts, the scores will be scaled. Marks for each of the five sections will be displayed- Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, Indian & Global Environment. For each section, the result will vary between 0 and 100. The composite score will be calculated with the scores of first four sections. Indian & Global Environment will not be included in the composite scores. Therefore, usually the composite scores varies from 199 to 800.
Ques. Will the percentile marks be displayed?
Ans. Yes, percentile scores will be displayed for each of the six scores printed on the scorecard.
Ques. Can I get duplicate MAT Scorecard?
Ans. Yes, for duplicate scorecard candidates must submit an application to AIMA to provide duplicate scorecard. Candidates will be required to attach the photocopy of the MAT 2019 Admit Card along with the application.
Ques. To whom and where should I send the application for duplicate scorecard?
Ans. Candidates should send the application through speed post in self-addressed envelope (address in capital letters) with a postage stamp of INR 40 affixed at the following address:
All India Management Association Management
House 14, Institutional Area Lodhi Road
Ques. Is there any other procedure to check the scores except online?
Ans. Yes, scores can also be obtained through SMS. Candidates must send SMS as MATS and send to 54242. DOB must be mentioned in format of dd/mm/yyyy.
Ques. What is the validity of MAT scorecard?
Ans. MAT scores are valid for the duration of one year.
Ques. Is there any additional fees for duplicate scorecard?
Ans. In case candidates apply for duplicate scorecard within 45 days of result declaration, there is no additional fee. After that candidates will be required to pay INR 118 (INR 100 + 18% GST) for the same.
Ques. Can the fee for additional scorecard be paid online?
Ans. No, the fee for scorecard will have to be paid through Demand Draft drawn in favour of All India Management Institute payable at New Delhi.
Ques. Will the result be available in all browsers?
Ans. The result will be displayed only in following browsers:
- Latest version of chrome
- Internet Explorer 9 and above
- Mozilla Firefox
Ques. What is the procedure after result declaration?
Ans. After the result declaration, each of the participating institutes will release their cut off scores. Candidates must apply separately for each institute.