RRB has released around 1,65,277 vacancies in NTPC for graduate and undergraduate posts. Candidates can apply for the positions by visiting the official website – rrbcdg.gov.in. Application form can be filled till Aril 12, 2019. Check Railway Recruitment for 1,30,000 Vacancies in NTPC
- To check list of revised vacancies and preference posts for PwBD candidates, Click Here
- List of shortlisted candidates for aptitude test for the post of Assistant Loco Pilots will be published on or before April 6.
- Railway Jobs are divided into 4 groups: Group A, Group B, Group C & Group D. Each group has different eligibility criteria and selection process under RRB Recruitment.
- High designations in Traffic Services, Accounts Services, Personnel Service and Railway Protection Forces are covered by Group A employees.
- These employees are recruited by UPSC IAS & IES exam.
- No special examination is held for recruiting Group B officers under Railway Recruitment.
- They are recruited by promoting Group C candidates. Group C includes technical & non-technical posts.
- The technical positions are in electrical, civil, mechanical, signals and telecommunications etc. and the non-technical vacancies include station masters, ticket collectors, clerks, accounts assistants etc. Group D includes the lower positions.
DownloadRRB Practice Papers
RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) is the recruiting authority for Indian Railways and releases vacancies notifications on a regular basis, informing candidates about the current job opening. There is no interview for group C and Group D posts under RRB Recruitment. The selection process is based on preliminary exam, mains exam, medical exam and interview for some positions. It is subject to the rules and regulations issued by the Ministry of Railways, Government of India (GoI).
RRB Zonal Portals
|Railway Zone||Head Quarter||Divisions||Website|
|Central Railway||Mumbai||Mumbai, Nagpur, Bhusawal, Pune, Sholapur||http://www.cr.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|East Central Railway||Hajipur||Danapur, Mughalsarai, Dhanbad, Sonpur, Samastipur||http://www.ecr.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|Eastern Railway||Kolkata||Howrah I, Howrah II, Sealdah, Malda, Asansol, Chittaranjan, Kolkata Metro||http://www.er.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|East Coast Railway||Bhubaneshwar||Khurda Road, Waltair, Sambhalpur||http://www.eastcoastrail.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|Northern Railway||Baroda House, New Delhi||Delhi I, Delhi II, Ambala, Moradabad, Lucknow, Firozpur||http://www.nr.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|North Central Railway||Allahabad||Allahabad, Jhansi, Agra||http://www.ncr.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|North Eastern Railway||Gorakhpur||Izzatnagar, Lucknow, Varanasi, DLW||http://www.ner.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|North Frontier Railway||Maligaon, Guwahati||Katihar, Alipurduar, Rangiya, Lumding, Tinsukia||http://www.nfr.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|North Western Railway||Jaipur||Jaipur, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Ajmer||http://www.nwr.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|Southern Railway||Chennai||Chennai, Madurai, Palghat, Trichy, Trivandrum||http://www.sr.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|South Central Railway||Secundrabad||Secundrabad, Hyderabad, Guntakal, Vijayawada, Nanded||http://www.scr.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|South Eastern Railway||Garden Reach, Kolkata||Kharagpur, Adra, Chakradharpur, Ranchi, Shalimar||http://www.ser.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|South East Central Railway||Bilaspur||Bilaspur, Nagpur, Raipur||http://www.secr.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|South Western Railway||Hubli||Bangalore, Mysore, Hubli, RWF/YNK||http://www.swr.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|Western Railway||Mumbai CST||BCT, Vadodara, Ahmedabad, Ratlam, Rajkot, Bhavnagar||http://www.wr.indianrailways.gov.in/|
|West Central Railway||Jabalpur||Jabalpur, Bhopal, Kota||http://wcr.indianrailways.gov.in/.|
RRB Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
- Eligibility of a candidate varies according to the posts.
- Candidates willing to apply for technical cadre post must be 18 years as minimum and 33 years maximum. While for non-technical cadre posts, age criteria is defined as 18-30 years.
- Age relaxation is applied as per the norms of GoI.
- Candidates should have requisite qualifications from recognized institute before the last date of application submission.
- Candidates whose results are awaited, need not apply for the vacancies.
- Those candidates who have been debarred from RRB examinations permanently or for a specified time which is not yet completed, need not apply for the exam..
- Reserved category candidates need to enclose the required set of certificates in the prescribed format for applying for the positions.
RRB Notifications and Registeration
Employment notices for all jobs under RRB Recruitment are published on websites, local/national newspapers, and employment news. Before moving to the RRB Online Registration, go through the content of employment news.
Select zone for which you wish to submit the RRB Online Application Form and “Continue”. Check the vacancy before applying for Railway Recruitment.
A recent passport sized colored photograph of size 3.5 CM X 3.5 CM in jpg/jpeg (100 DPI, 20KB – 50KB) format of candidate and scribe have to be uploaded. Candidates belonging to SC/ST who want to avail facility of free travel, have to keep a scanned copy of their certificate (50 KB – 100 KB, jpg/jpeg format).
There are 5 stages in RRB Online Registration
- Preliminary Stage: Basic details of candidate and disability status has to be mentioned.
- Activation Stage: At this stage, validation of email id & mobile number and generation of RRB Registration Number is done.
- Post Preference Stage: It is the stage where choice of posts, selection of language of exam, scribe details, educational details and communication address details is entered.
- Uploading of Documents: Scanned copies of photographs and SC/ST caste certificate has to be uploaded.
- Modification Stage: Payment of application fees along with editing is done in this stage.
RRB Recruitment Medical Fitness Test
Candidates should meet the medical fitness standards before filling the RRB Application Form. For the appointment, candidates will have to pass the requisite medical fitness test. It is conducted to ensure that candidates are medically fit to carry out the duties. The medical standards for different categories are mentioned below:
|A-1||Physically fit in all respects. Visual Standards – Distance Vision: 6/6, 6/6 without glasses. Near Vision: Sn: 0.6,0.6 without glasses (must clear fogging test) and must pass test for Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Field of Vision & Night Vision.|
|A-2||Physically fit in all respects. Visual Standards – Distance vision: 6/9, 6/9 without glasses. Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 without glasses and must pass test for Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Field of Vision & Night Vision.|
|A-3||Physically fit in all respects. Visual Standards – Distance Vision: 6/9, 6/9 with or without glasses (power should not exceed 2D). |
Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses and must pass test for Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Field of Vision & Night Vision.
|B-1||Physically fit in all respects. Visual Standards – Distance Vision: 6/9, 6/12 with or without glasses (power should not exceed 4D). |
Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading or close work is required and must pass test for Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Field of Vision & Night Vision
|B-2||Physically fit in all respects. Visual Standards – Distance Vision: 6/9, 6/12 with or without glasses (power should not exceed 4D). Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading or close work is required and must pass test for Field of Vision.|
|C-1||Physically fit in all respects. Visual Standards – Distance Vision: 6/12, 6/18 with or without glasses. Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading or close work is required.|
|C-2||Physically fit in all respects. Visual Standards – Distance Vision: 6/12, Nil with or without glasses. Near Vision, Sn: 0.6 combined with or without glasses when reading or close work is required.|
Visual Acuity Standard is one of the important criteria of medical fitness of railway staff. It is commonly referred as clarity of vision.
RRB Recruitment Process
All the candidates have to appear for online Computer Based Test (CBT). RRB fixes cut off for each category and qualifying candidates will be called for further rounds of the recruitment process.
- For the post of Commercial Apprentice (CA), Traffic Apprentice (TA), Enquiry cum Reservation Clerk (ECRC) and Goods Guard, there is no further round after the CBT. Candidates will be called for document verification and considered for appointment & other joining formalities including medical test.
- All those candidates who have applied for the post of Junior Account Assistant, Senior Clerk and Senior Time Keeper will have to undergo for Typing Test after qualifying CBT. A merit list will be published on the basis of marks secured in CBT who have qualified Typing Test. As per the merit number, candidates will be called for Document Verification.
Under RRB Recruitment, Assistant Station Master and Traffic Assistant aspirants are required to appear in Aptitude Test after clearing RRB Online Test/ CBT. Qualified candidates will be called for document verification. A weightage of 70% (CBT marks) and 30% (aptitude test marks) is considered for preparing merit list.