SSC CGL Reservation is offered to reserved category candidates, wishing to apply for the Combined Graduate Level Test (CGL). SSC CGL is a gateway for recruitment to Group B and Group C posts in various ministries, government departments, and offices across the country.
Only those applicants, who fulfill the complete SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria, will be considered for recruitment by the Staff Selection Commission. The registration for the recruitment exam concluded on June 19, 2017. Now, the examinations will commence from the first week of August 2017.
|SSC CGL AAO Job Profile & Salary||SSC CGL Application Form||SSC CGL Admit Card||SSC CGL Exam Pattern|
SSC CGL Reservation will be as decided by the organizing body. Here are some key points about it.
- There will be no state-wise reservation.
- Aspirants belonging to the SC/ ST/ OBC or PH category are eligible for reservation. Check SSC CGL 2017 Age Criteria.
- Ex-Serviceman candidates will also have reservation of seats.
- Reservation wherever applicable and admissible would be as determined by the Indenting Ministries/ Departments/ Offices or Cadres, as per extant Government Orders.
- There is no separate reservation for female candidates. However, they are exempted from paying any application fee.
- The reserved category candidates and also the female candidates will be given relaxation in age for appearing for the test.
SSC CGL 2017 Quick Links
- Check SSC CGL Reservation- Relaxation in Age Limit
- Check SSC CGL Reservation- Documents Required
- How to apply for SSC CGL?
- What is the syllabus for SSC CGL?
- See SSC CGL Coaching centers
SSC CGL 2017-18 Reservation- Relaxation in Academic Qualification
- Candidates belonging to reserved categories, PwD candidates and Ex-Servicemen will have the same eligibility criteria for educational qualifications as that for General category applicants.
- They will have to meet the minimum qualifications as declared by SSC.
- No relaxation in terms of academics will be granted to these candidates.
The educational qualification required for various posts is tabulated below:
|Assistant Audit Officer||Bachelor’s Degree Additional Qualifications include Chartered Accountant/ Cost & Management Accountant/ Company Secretary/ Masters in Commerce/ Masters in Business Studies/ Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics.|
|Statistical Investigator Grade I||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with at least 60% in Mathematics at 10+2 level or in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level|
|Compiler||Bachelor’s Degree with Economics, Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or elective subjects.|
|For all other posts||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject|
Read about SSC CGL 2017 Vacancies
SSC CGL 2017-18 Reservation- Relaxation in Age Limit
- SSC allows the relaxation of upper age limit for applicants belonging to various categories.
- The age relaxation is decided after taking into account years of work spent on field, residential region, service offered to the government and other factors.
|ST/ SC||5 years|
|PH + Gen||10 years|
|PH + OBC||13 years|
|PH + SC/ ST||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ ST)||8 years|
Upper Age Limit for Central Government Civilian Employees:
Central Government Civilian Employees who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular, continuous service as on closing date for receipt of application are eligible for age relaxation in SSC CGL.
|For Group B posts||Age relaxation|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees(General/Unreserved)||5 years|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees(OBC))||8 (5 +3) years|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees(SC/ST)||10(5+5) years|
|For Group C posts|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees(General/Unreserved)||Up to 40 years of age|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees(OBC)||Up to 43 years of age|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees(SC/ST)||Up to 45 years of age|
Upper Age Limit for Defense Personnel:
Age relaxation will be applicable for Defense Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and were released as a consequence of the same.
|Defense Personnel (Unreserved/ General)||5 years|
|Defense Personnel (OBC)||8(5+3) years|
|Defense Personnel ( SC/ST)||10(5+5)years|
Upper Age Limit for Jammu & Kashmir Candidates:
|Candidates who had been domiciled ordinarily in the State of Jammu & Kashmir(Unreserved/General)||5 years|
|Candidates who had been domiciled ordinarily in the State of Jammu & Kashmir(OBC)||8 years|
|Candidates who had been domiciled ordinarily in the State of Jammu & Kashmir( SC/ST)||10 years|
Reservation benefits for women under SSC entries:
Female candidates will be granted age relaxation only in Group C posts. The age relaxation is as follows:
|Widows/Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not|
SSC CGL 2017-18 Reservation FAQs
Q1: What is SSC CGL?
Q2: I am from SC/ST category. Are we exempted from paying the examination fees for SSC CGL?
Q3: Do female candidates have to pay the examination fees?
Q3: Is there any state wise reservation in SSC CGL?
Q4: I am an Ex-serviceman and I want to know if there is some reservation for us in SSC CGL?
Q5: What is the age limit to apply for SSC CGL?
Q6: What are the age relaxations for SC/ST Category in SSC CGL?
Q7: Is there any age relaxation for Ex-serviceman in SSC CGL?
Q8: Is there any age relaxation for female candidates in SSC CGL?
Q9: Is there any age relaxation for unmarried/married female candidates in SSC CGL?
Q10: Who determines the reservation criteria for SSC CGL?
Q11: Do SC/ST candidates gets relaxation in Academic Qualification?
Q12: What factors are taken into account for deciding age relaxation criteria for ex-serviceman candidates?
Q13: Is there any reservation of Government Civilian Employee?
Q14: I have colour blindness, Can I apply for the posts of SSC CGL?
Q15: Do Physically Handicapped candidates get reservation and age relaxation?
Q16: Do candidates from Jammu Kashmir get a reservation?
Q17: What is the relaxation in Upper age limit for candidates of J&K?
Q18. Do all categories have same Cutoffs in SSC CGL?
Q19. What is the percentage of seats reserved for Physically Handicapped candidates?