NTA will publish CMAT Merit List 2020 at its official website post-release of CMAT Result. The merit list will be prepared based on the scores obtained in the exam. Candidates will be offered admissions to the courses based on the released merit list.
|CMAT Result||CMAT Cut off||CMAT Selection Procedure||CMAT Participating Colleges|
How to Check CMAT Merit List?
Follow the given below steps to check CMAT merit list 2020:
- Visit the official website of NTA, nta.ac.in
- Click on Management Exams and then on CMAT.
- Check for the link for CMAT Merit List.
- The list will open in pdf format, Ctrl + F and type your name to check your merit rank.
CMAT Previous Year Toppers
In CMAT 2019, 1 applicant scored 100 percentile. Check the top 5 toppers of CMAT 2019 from the table given below:
|AIR||Name||Total Score out of 400||Overall Percentile|
|1||Sharma Navanshu Surendra||372||100|
|2||Desai Bhargav Ashok Kumar||358||99.996|
|4||Pawar Gaurav Gurunath||356||99.994|
CMAT 2020 All India Merit list
CMAT 2020 Merit List allots ranks to the candidates as per the marks obtained by them in the CMAT 2020. More are the marks obtained by the candidate; more good will be the rank.
- If two or more candidates obtain equal marks, then ranking is based on the sectional score as per the following order:
Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation > Logical Reasoning > Language Comprehension > General Awareness.
- If still, they score equal marks, then the rank is defined as per their names arranged in the alphabetical order.
- The percentile score is calculated using the following formula:
Percentile P = ((N – Rank of the candidate)/ N) x 100
(Where P is percentile and N is the total number of candidates appeared in the exam)
- The Scores obtained have been calculated by assigning:
- +4 marks for the correct answer
- -1 mark for an incorrect answer
- 0 mark for no answer
CMAT 2020 Tiebreaker
In case, two or more candidates obtain the same marks, then CMAT 2020 has a tiebreaker criterion to decide which candidate has higher merit or rank. If two or more candidates get the same overall marks, then their sectional CMATscore will be taken into consideration, which is the tiebreaker. To imply tiebreaker criteria,
- At first, the scores in the section of Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation will be compared. Candidate with more marks in this section will be given preference.
- If the marks in the section of Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation are equal, then the candidate scoring more inthe logical reasoning section will be preferred over other the candidate.
- If the logical reasoning section marks are equal, then the scores of language comprehension section will be compared. Candidate with more marks in this section will be given preference.
- Again if marks of candidates in the section of language comprehension are also the same, then marks in general awareness section will be compared. Candidate with more marks in this section will be given preference.
Details Mentioned in CMAT Merit List
- Candidate Name
- Candidate CMAT Roll Number
- CMAT All India Rank
- Section-wise and Overall Scores
- Section-wise and Overall Percentile
- Criteria for determining CMAT merit rank and percentile score
CMAT 2020 Selection Process
After the CMAT 2020 Merit List is declared, the candidates who have scored above the qualifying marks will be called for CMAT Counselling. They will be selected based on the marks scored by them in the entrance exam, Group Discussion and Personal Interview and/or Written Ability Test. CMAT 2020 Selection Procedure involves the following 3 steps:
- CMAT 2020 Score
- Group Discussion (GD)
- Personal Interview/Written Ability Test
After the candidate has scored qualifying marks in the Group Discussion (GD), then only they can appear for the Personal Interview/Written Ability Test.