CMAT Eligibility Criteria: With the introduction of NTA as the new regulating body of CMAT exam, candidates are notified that there will be no change in the eligibility criteria for the exam.
- CMAT 2020 is expected to be scheduled in the last week of January in CBT mode.
- The official CMAT Exam Dates will be released in the information bulletin @ntacmat.nic.in.
- The exam will be conducted on a single day in two shifts – morning and evening. Check CMAT Exam Pattern
- CMAT Registration will start tentatively from November 12, 2019.
Update: Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a national level entrance examination for entry into management programs. Till 2018, it was conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) every year. From this year, the test will now be conducted by NTA.
- CMAT is a three-hour computer based online test, conducted to evaluate a candidate’s ability in Quantitative Technique, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, and General Awareness.
- This test facilitates institutions to select suitable graduate candidates for admission in all management programs.
- CMAT Score is accepted by all AICTE-Approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges.
- Registrants will be issued their CMAT Admit Card from the first week of January at ntacmat.nic.in.
Read on to know more about CMAT eligibility criteria, reservation conditions, and other such details.
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in any stream, final year students can apply|
|CMAT Minimum Passing Marks||No minimum marks|
|Age Limit||Minimum 21 years, no upper age limit|
|CMAT Eligible Colleges||1000+|
Course-Wise CMAT Eligibility Criteria
CMAT eligibility criteria for admission to the PGDM/MBA, PGCM and Executive PGDM programs will be as per the requirements defined by the individual University/Institution. The program-wise eligibility criteria for CMAT 2020 is listed below:
CMAT Eligibility for PGDM/ MBA
- Candidates should have a recognized Bachelor’s Degree of a minimum duration of 3 years.
- They must have secured at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of applicants belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying examination.
CMAT Eligibility for PGCM
- Candidate must have a recognized Bachelor’s Degree related to the program with a minimum duration of 3 years.
CMAT Eligibility for Executive PGDM
- Candidate must have a recognized Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum duration of 3 years.
- They must have secured at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of applicants belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying Examination.
- Candidate must also have a minimum experience of 5 years (relevant managerial/ supervisory experience).
Download FreeCMAT Sample Papers
- For admission to a participating institute, the candidate must see the reservations applicable in that particular institute.
- Institutes run by Central Government:
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL)||27%|
|PwD (each category)||5%|
- Other Backward Classes: (OBC–NCL) are as per the Central list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), Government of India website ncbc.nic. Thus, the candidates falling in this list may mention OBC in the category column. State list OBC candidates who are not in OBC-NCL (Central List) must choose General category.
- Persons with disabilities (PwD) means a person with not less than forty percent (40%) of a specified disability where specified disability has not been defined in measurable terms and includes a person with a disability where specified disability has been defined in measurable terms, as certified by the certifying authority. “Specified Disability” means the disabilities as specified in the Schedule of the RPwD Act 2016.
Categories of Disabilities:
- Blindness and low vision
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy
- Autism, intellectual disability, specified learning disability, and mental illness
- Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (i) to (iv)
- Other ‘specified disabilities’ mentioned in the Schedule of the RPwD Act 2016.
Documents for CMAT 2020 Reservation
For seeking the benefits of CMAT 2020 Reservation under Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled tribe (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Physically Handicapped (PH), Kashmiri Migrant (KM), the girl child category and Defence Persons category, the candidate must submit the required certificates and documents:
- Caste Certificate
- Dependent Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Proformas etc., whichever applicable, according to the guidelines of the particular college/ institute.
Without sufficient documentary proof, no candidate will be given any benefits of reservation of seats.
Once the category is indicated by the candidate at the time of submitting CMAT Application form, along with documentary proof, it will not be changed afterward in any case. Hence, the candidate must read and understand the conditions of reservation of seats carefully before applying.
CMAT Eligibility Criteria FAQs
Ques. What are the eligibility conditions for a scribe/reader defined by AICTE?
Ans. The candidate must fulfill the following conditions to be eligible for a scribe:
- Is not a family member or a friend.
- Is not involved in any academic tutoring or preparation for the test to be administered.
- Has not completed 19 years of age as of January 20, 2020.
- Educational qualification must be lower than that of the CMAT applicant.
Note: The age certificate/DOB certificate of Scribe has to be presented at the CMAT Test Center.
Ques. Can I appear for CMAT just for practice, though I am aware that I am not eligible for the exam?
Ans. No. Only candidates who meet the CMAT eligibility criteria can appear for the test.
Ques. Who is eligible to take the test under the PWD category?
Ans. Candidate suffering from any of the listed disabilities to the extent of not less than 40% as certified by a medical authority, will be considered under PWD category. Following are the categories defined by AICTE for PWD candidates:
- Visually impaired
- Physically handicapped
- Hearing Impairment
Ans. Yes; as long as several statutory bodies approve it.