CTET Eligibility 2019 is laid down by CBSE both for Paper 1 and Paper 2. The basic requirement is to have passed senior secondary or graduation with minimum 50% aggregate marks and relevant teacher training program. Read CTET Syllabus
- CTET 2019 will be conducted on July 7, 2019 in offline mode. Candidates must check CTET Eligibility before applying for CTET 2019 Exam.
- There are two papers of CTET- Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Paper I is to become teacher for classes I to V while Paper II is to become teacher for classes VI to VIII. Check CTET Exam Pattern
- A person who intends to be a teacher for both levels (classes I to V and classes VI to VIII) will have to appear in both the papers (Paper I and Paper II).
- Candidates scoring 60% or more marks in the exam will be considered as TET pass. Check CTET Cut off
Download CTET Practice Papers
CTET Eligibility: Age & Qualification
- Applicants must be a citizen of India to be eligible for CTET.
- There is no age restriction, however, candidate must be minimum 17 years of age.
- Candidates will have to fulfil different eligibility according to their wish to be a Primary or Elementary Teacher.
- The basic eligibility for the exam is a graduation or a 2-year diploma in elementary education with minimum 45-50% marks.
CTET Eligibility: Educational Qualification
CTET Eligibility 2019 requirements are stated below for Primary and Elementary Stage:
Academic Qualification for Primary Stage (Class 1 to 5)
- Senior Secondary with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education OR
- Senior Secondary with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations, 2002 OR
- Senior Secondary with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.EI.Ed) OR
- Senior Secondary with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Education (Special Education) OR
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)
Download CTET Admit Card
Academic Qualification for Elementary Stage (Class 6 to 8)
The educational qualification required for appearing in CTET 2019 elementary stage is given below. Candidates having any one of these qualifications will be eligible for the exam.
- Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education OR
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) OR
- Graduation with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) OR
- Senior Secondary with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.EI.Ed) OR
- Senior Secondary with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed OR
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education).
CTET 2019 Eligibility: Other Parameters
The organizing body will look at some other factors too for the purpose of recruitment of teachers. These qualifications will not be essential requirements but will give applicants a better chance to secure a job in a good school. They are listed below:
- A degree or diploma in teacher education which must be recognized by NCTE.
- For a diploma in Education, the programs recognized by RCI will be considered.
Eligibility Based on Physical Education, Art and Craft Education, Work Education and Home Science
- Teachers for Physical Education will be chosen according to the regulations laid down by NCTE.
- Norms prescribed by the state governments and other school management will be applicable till the time NCTE lays down the minimum qualifications with respect to such teachers.
Eligibility Based on Relaxation for Reserved Category
Other than that, no reservation policy is adapted as far as job placement is concerned as per CBSE’s rules.
CTET Eligibility 2019 FAQs
Ques. What is the maximum number of attempts an individual can avail for CTET 2019?
Ans: CBSE has not laid down any restrictions regarding the number of times an aspirant can appear for CTET.
Ques. What are the minimum qualifying criteria for obtaining a CTET Certificate?
Ans: Candidates who secure more than 60% in CTET 2019 will be issued a CTET certificate by the organizing body. This certificate will be valid for a time period of 7 years. CBSE may offer certain concessions to the reserved category participants.
Ques. If a candidate qualifies CTET; will CTET unit or CBSE provide him a job?
Ans: NO. CBSE is responsible for only conducting CTET 2019 and provision of employment does not fall under its jurisdiction.
Ques. What is the Applicability of CTET 2019?
Ans: The certificate that will be issued to all qualifying candidates will be applicable to the following:
- Central Government Schools like KVS, NVS, Central Tibetan Schools, etc.
- Schools administered by UT’s of Chandigarh, Daman & Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Lakshadweep, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and NCT of Delhi.
- Schools owned and managed by the State Government or local bodies as also unaided private schools may exercise the option of considering CTET.