NDA Exam is conducted for recruiting candidates for Army, Navy and Air Force in NDA (National Defence Academy) and Naval Academy. The Selection Procedure for NDA is divided into 2 stages – Written Examination and Interview.
Candidates successfully qualifying the written test would be shortlisted for NDA Selection Process. The list of shortlisted candidates would be only released post declaration of Result for NDA 2019. Those who clear the cut off for NDA would be only selected to participate in the interview rounds.
The qualifying candidates will appear for Intelligence and Personality Test. The SSB conducts an interview for these candidates. SSB interviews are mostly held around the month of September – December 2019 and January – April 2019. After the completion of the selection rounds, the Commission would publish a combined list of selected candidates on the basis of their marks in the written test and interviews.
NDA 2019 Cut Off List
After the declaration of written test results, a cut off list is released by UPSC determining the names of the candidates who qualify for SSB Selection Process.
Steps to download the Cut off marks
Those who wish to download the result and get the cut off list will have to follow the steps given below.
- Visit the official website of UPSC- upsc.gov.in.
- Click on “Results” tab.
- Cut off marks are released a few days later after the declaration of the results.
- The cut off will vary for candidates from different category.
Previous years cut off for NDA
The table below the previous year cut off for NDA. The 3 columns show the year of the examination, the marks secured by the candidate in the written test and the final score after completion of the SSB interview.
|YEAR/SESSIONS||WRITTEN EXAM||FINAL EXAM|
|NDA & NA (II)||229||602|
|NDA & NA (I) 2016||288||656|
|NDA & NA (II) 2015||269||637|
|NDA & NA (I) 2015||306||674|
|NDA & NA (II) 2014||283||656|
|NDA & NA (I) 2014||360||722|
|NDA & NA (II) 2013||360||721|
|NDA & NA (I) 2013||333||698|
|NDA & NA (II) 2012||335||699|
Selection Process for NDA
The NDA Selection Process 2019 is primarily divided into two stages, the first is a written examination and the second is SSB Interview. The candidates shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the written test are required to participate in the Selection Process of NDA 2019.
The candidates meeting the NDA Cut Off for their respective categories are required to appear for the interview before the selection boards of Army, Navy and Air Force.
The written examination is the first stage of the selection of candidates. The successful candidates from the first stage would be only invited to participate in the next round.
- NDA 2019 is a 900 marks test- further divided into two sections: Mathematics and General Ability Test.
- Duration of the exam is 180 minutes comprising objective type questions.
- Minimum qualifying marks is decided by the commission for participating in the selection process.
- Qualifying candidates have to sit for the interview consisting of Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence or Personality test.
SSB Interview (Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test)
The SSB Interview is the second and final round of NDA Selection Process. The SSB Interview round comprises two separate tests – Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test.
The two-stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test has been introduced at Selection Centres. The qualifying candidates have to be put to stage for test on the first day of reporting at Selection Centres.
Only those candidates who qualify at stage 1 will be called for the remaining tests. Qualifying candidates have to submit the following Original Certificates along with one photocopy each of:
- Original Matriculation pass certificate or equivalent in support of date of birth,
- Original 10+2 pass certificate or equivalent in support of educational qualification.
To be acceptable, candidates for the Army/Navy/Naval Academy and Air Force should secure the minimum qualifying marks separately in:
- Written examination of NDA 2019 as set by the Commission.
- Officer Potentiality Test as fixed by SSB at their discretion.
NOTE: Besides, candidates with first choice for the Air Force, and all the SSB qualified candidates with one choice as Air Force, should separately qualify the PABT (Pilot Aptitude Test) and Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS), if fulfil the eligibility for Air Force.
Documents Required for NDA Selection Process
The candidates selected for the interview are required to carry and later on submit the following documents to the academy for verification. Candidates claiming admission under reserved categories should carry the relevant documents.
All the documents should be carried in original as well as photostat copies. Failure to carry any of the necessary documents could lead to disqualification of the candidate.
- Original 10+2 or Class 12th passing certificate or equivalent in support of educational qualification.
- Certificate of Eligibility for certain category of students.
- Category or Cast certificate applicable to SC, ST, OBC etc.
- Identity and Address Proof
Disqualification From NDA Training
The candidates can also be disqualified from the admission process of the training course and the academy if any of the following appears to be the case:
- If the Candidates who were admitted to an earlier course at the NDA, or to the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme of Indian Naval Academy but were removed or turned out of the Academy due to any lack or inappropriateness, will not be admitted to the Academy.
- If the Candidates applying this year were previously removed or turned out of the due to medical reasons the National Defence Academy or Indian Naval Academy on medical grounds or left the above Academy voluntarily are however or were previously withdrawn from the Academy, can be taken in again provided they satisfy the medical and other prescribed conditions.