SBI PO 2019 is conducted to recruit Probationary Officers for branches of State Bank of India across the nation. This year, SBI has released 2000 vacancies of PO posts. The exam will be held on June 8, 9, 15 and 16, 2019. एसबीआई पीओ 2019 के बारे में हिंदी में पढ़ें
Latest: SBI PO Admit Card 2019 for Preliminary exam has been released on May 17, 2019. Download Now!
- Admit Cards for SBI PO Pre – exam training have also been released.
- Due to administrative exegencies, SBI has added and deleted some of the SBI PO 2019 Exam Centers for both prelims and mains paper.
- The exam is conducted in 3 stages viz. Prelims, Mains and Group Discussion/ Interview.
- Prelims round forms the basis of qualification to mains, after which the shortlisted candidates appear for group discussion/ interview. Check SBI PO 2019 Exam Pattern
- Prelims exam syllabus consists of English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability. Check SBI PO 2019 Syllabus
- The total number of Probationary Officers vacancies is reduced to 2000 this year.
- The 10% EWS category reservation will be applicable from SBI PO 2019 onwards.
- There will be specified duration to attempt each section in both prelims and mains exam.
- The application fee has been increased from INR 600 to INR 750 for General/EWS and OBC category while for other categories it is INR 125.
Similar Exam: Candidates aspiring Government Jobs can also check other banking exams. Check SBI Clerk 2019
SBI PO 2019 Highlights
|Name of Exam||State Bank of India Probationary Officers Exam (SBI PO 2019)|
|Conducting Body||State Bank of India|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|SBI PO 2019 Selection Stages||Prelims, Mains, Group Discussion/ Interview|
|Candidates Expected to Register for SBI PO 2019||Around 30 lakh|
|SBI PO Helpline||022 – 2282 0427|
SBI PO 2019 Vacancies
Below are the category – wise vacancies for Probationary Officers in SBI Bank across India, which can be modified by the bank without any prior notice:
SBI PO 2019 Exam Dates
|Release of SBI PO 2019 Notification||April 1, 2019|
|Availability of SBI PO 2019 Application Form||April 2 – 22, 2019|
|Call Letters for Pre-exam Training (SC/ST, Minorities)||2nd week of May, 2019|
|Pre-exam Training Begins||4th week of May, 2019|
|Release of SBI PO 2019 Admit Card (Prelims)||3rd week of May, 2019|
|SBI PO 2019 Prelims Exam Date||June 8, 9, 15 and 16, 2019|
|SBI PO 2019 Result (Prelims)||1st week of July, 2019|
|Release of SBI PO 2019 Admit Card (Mains)||2nd week of July, 2019|
|SBI PO 2019 Mains Exam Date||July 20, 2019|
|SBI PO 2019 Result (Mains)||3rd week of August, 2019|
|SBI PO 2019 Call Letter for Group Exercises and Personal Interview||4th week of August, 2019|
|Date for SBI PO 2019||September, 2019|
|Declaration of SBI PO 2019 Final Result||2nd week of October, 2019|
SBI PO 2019 Eligibility
- Candidate must be an Indian National.
- The applicants must be a graduate in any stream from a recognized university.
- The final year graduates can also apply.
- Candidates must be between 21 to 30 years as on April 1, 2019.
- SC/ST/ExS/J&K Migrantsget a relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit
- OBC candidateswith upper age limit 33 years can apply for the exam
- PwD category candidates reserve a relaxation of 10- 15 years depending on the category.
Number of Attempts
- For General category- 4 attempts
- For General (PwD) category- 7 attempts
- OBC category- 7 attempts
- OBC (PwD)- 7 attempts
- SC/ST (PwD)- No restriction
- Defaulters in repayment of Loans/ Credit Card dues or those with adverse CIBIL reports or other external agencies will not be considered eligible for appointments.
- Candidates against whom there is/are adverse report regarding character & antecedents, moral turpitude are not eligible to apply for the post.
SBI PO 2019 Application Process
SBI PO 2019 Application Form is available on the official website – sbi.co.in from April 2, 2019. Follow the given below steps to fill the application form:
- Visit the website – sbi.co.in
- Click on link “Career with us” on the home page
- Select ‘SBI PO 2019 Application Form’
- Fill application form with complete details like as name, educational qualifications, address, mobile number, email and other information.
- Upload scanned image of passport size photo (size-20 to 50 Kb) and signature (10 to 20 Kb) in JPEG format.
- The photo must be of 200 x 230 pixels while the signature must be of 140 x 60 pixels.
- Choose the correct file and click on open to upload.
- After that, click ‘Submit’ to move to fee payment window.
Pay Application Fee
- Application fee for general category, EWS and OBC is INR 750 and INR 125 for reserved categories.
- Pay the fee through debit/credit card and netbanking.
- Take a printout of the application form before submission for future reference.
- You will receive a registration id. Note it down.
Pre-Exam Training for Reserved Category Candidates
SBI provides pre-exam training as a part of government’s initiative to candidates belonging to SC/ST category or minority groups. The initiative has been taken to assist such aspirants in preparations if they cannot afford to enroll themselves at coaching centers.
- SBI PO Pre-exam training is usually a 6-day program which will commence in 4th week oof May, 2019.
- Interested candidates can apply for it and download the call letters from 2nd week of May, 2019.
- Pre-exam training for SBI PO 2019 is a kind of an orientation program for reserved and minority category candidates.
- In the training sessions, candidates will be taught of some important questions and topics.
- The pre-exam training is conducted across India at different centers.
SBI PO 2019 Admit Card/Call Letter
- For SBI PO exam, the admit card is released separately for all three stages viz. prelims, mains, and interview.
- All notifications related to admit card will be out on the official website i.e. sbi.co.in.
- The admit card for prelims will be out in 3rd week of May,while for Mains, it will release in 2nd week of July, 2019
- All candidates need to carry their admit cards on the day of exam, failing which they won’t be allowed to sit for the exam.
How to Download SBI PO 2019 Admit Card?
- Visit the official website i.e. sbi.co.in
- Click on the link “SBI PO 2019 Admit card”
- Enter your registration number and DOB/Password
- Your admit card will appear on the screen
- Download it and take a print-out of the same
SBI PO 2019 Exam Centers
- Candidates will be given one of the SBI PO 2019 Exam Centers from their choices opted during the application process.
- The final exam center will be mentioned on the admit card.
- Candidates need to check the details and in case of any discrepancies, they need to contact the exam authorities immediately.
The list of centers is given below:
SBI PO 2019 Exam Pattern
- Each stage in SBI PO 2019 exam has a different paper pattern.
- Stage 1 and 2 (Prelims and Mains) will be conducted in online mode.
- Phase 3 will be held face to face, i.e., Group Exercise and Personal Interview.
- The final selection is based on the overall performance of each stage.
Read below the complete SBI PO 2019 Exam Pattern:
SBI PO Exam Pattern for Prelims
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Duration of Exam||60 minutes|
|Sections in Paper||3 (English language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability)|
|Marks/Questions in each section||English language: 30, Quantitative aptitude: 35, Reasoning Ability: 35|
SBI PO Exam Pattern for Mains
|Question Type||Objective and Descriptive|
|Questions in each section||Objective : 155, Descriptive: 50|
|Time duration||Objective: 3 hours, Descriptive: 30 minutes|
|Sections in Objective Paper||4|
|Marks of Objective Type||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude: 60, Data Analysis & Interpretation: 60, General Awareness about Economy/ Banking: 40, English language: 40|
|Time Allotted to Each Section||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude: 45 min, Data Analysis & Interpretation: 45 min, General Awareness about Economy/ Banking: 40 min, English language: 40 min|
|Sections in Mains Descriptive||Letter writing and Essay|
SBI PO Exam Pattern for Final Stage
|Final stage of SBI PO||Group Discussion and Interview|
|Marks in each section||GD: 20, Personal Interview: 30|
SBI PO Preparation Books
|SBI PO Solved Papers||Kiran Prakashan|
|Banking Awareness for SBI/IBPS Bank||DishaPublications|
|Banking Awareness (Banking Aptitude Test) (BANK PO/OFFICERS EXAM)||Ramesh Publishing House|
SBI PO 2019 Syllabus
Here are all important topics that you need to study to score well in SBI PO. They are given stage-wise:
Section-wise SBI PO 2019 Syllabus for Preliminary Round
|Quantitative Aptitude||Simplification, Number System, Average, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Interest, Number series, Data Interpretation, Profit and Loss, Mensuration, Permutation and Combination|
|Reasoning Ability||Inequalities, Ordering, and Ranking, Directions and Distances, Coding and Decoding, Blood Relations, Syllogisms, Circular Seating Arrangement, Linear Seating Arrangement, Double Line Up, Grouping, and Selection|
|English Language||Fill in the blanks, Reading, and Comprehension, Para Jumbles, Cloze test, Error spotting, Spellings, Phrase Idiom meaning,|
Section-wise SBI PO 2019 Syllabus for Mains
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||Puzzles, Seating Arrangement, Inequality, Syllogism, Input Output, Coding Decoding, Verbal Reasoning, Data Sufficiency, Miscellaneous topics, Computer Aptitude|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||Bar graph, Line graph, Pie chart (single or double), Tabular graph, Radar chart, Mixed graphs (combination of any 2 of the above), Caselet/ Paragraph DI, Missing graphs|
|English Language||Reading Comprehension, Cloze test, Para jumbles, Odd one out/ Theme based questions, Statement and Paragraph completion, Sentence Connectors|
|General Awareness||Current Affairs, Banking / Financial Awareness, Static Affairs|
SBI PO 2019 Syllabus for GD/ PI
|Topics for GD/PI|
|Is right to freedom being misused?||Cleanliness should be the fundamental duty of every citizen.|
|What are the merits and de-merits of One Rank One Pension scheme?||What measures should be adopted for avoiding NPA?|
|SBI Merger: Pros and cons?||What do you think about reservations in education and jobs?|
|How is Swaach Bharat Abhiyan currently important for India?||NSG is the need of the hour for India.|
|Rail budget should have merged into general budget much earlier.||Women employment is possible through mass awareness rather than launching programs.|
|Is government just renaming the old schemes?||Wind power Vs Solar Energy?|
SBI PO 2019 Result
- SBI PO 2019 Result will be declared online on the official website for each stage of the exam.
- The result for prelims will be declared in 1st week of July, while the mains result will be declared in 3rd week of August, 2019.
- Final result will be released in 2nd week of October, 2019.
- In order to check the result, candidates need to visit the official website, enter their roll number/ registration number and DOB.
- The corrected scores obtained by each of the candidates in all the sections of SBI PO 2019 will be normalized by the equi-percentile method.
- Only up to 2 decimal points, scores would be taken for the calculation.
How to Check SBI PO 2019 Result?
- Visit www.sbi.co.in
- Click on “Careers” section
- Click on “Results” section
- Enter your roll number and DOB or enter your registration number and DOB
- You result card will appear on the screen
SBI PO 2019 Cut Off
- SBI releases a category-wise cutoff after each stage.
- This is based on the number of candidates who appearing for the exam, number of vacancies, previous year cut off, difficulty level of the exam etc.
- On the basis of SBI PO 2019 cut-offs, candidates are chosen for the subsequent stage.
- Here are the expected cut off marks of each stage for your reference:
SBI PO 2019 Expected Cutoff
|Category||Final Cut-Off (Out of 250 marks)||Prelims Cut-off (Out of 100 marks)|
|Other Backward Caste (OBC)||87.42||55.25|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||78.13||50|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||76.01||44|
|Hearing Impaired (HI)||76.16||15.75|
|Orthopedically Handicapped (OH)||75.03||46.25|
|Visually Handicapped (VH)||89.91||49|
SBI PO Selection Process 2019
Candidates in SBI PO recruitment are shortlisted upon their performances in the 3 stages mentioned below:
SBI PO Preliminary Examination
- It is the very first stageof SBI PO 2019 Selection process.
- SBI PO Prelims is an online objective testof 1-hour duration.
- SBI PO Pre comprises of 3 sections- English Language, Reasoning Ability and Quantitative Aptitude.
- Candidates must score minimum qualifying marks in all the sections to qualify for the next round.
SBI PO Main Examination
- The main examination is the second stage of SBI PO 2019 recruitment process.
- It is a 200 marks examination, comprising of 4 sections (English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning & Computers, and General/Economy/Banking Awareness).
- Descriptive test of 50 marks would be conducted immediately after the objective test.
- The corrected scores obtained by each of the candidates in different sessions (if held) are normalised using the equi-percentile method.
- Scores up to 2 decimal points are taken for the purpose of calculations.
- Candidates are shortlisted for interview by considering the scores obtained in the main examination.
SBI PO Group Discussion and Interview
- Candidates who qualify the mains exam are eligible to appear for group discussion and interview.
- Post conduction of the interview, a combined score is generated which includes the sum of marks obtained in main examination and interview.
- The final list of the selected candidates is made upon the performance in mains and GD/ PI round only.
- It is published on the official website of the bank’s website and also in Employment Newspaper.
Ques. What is the eligibility criterion to appear for examination?
Ques. Are the candidates appearing for final year examinations of graduation eligible to apply?
Ques. Is there any age criteria?
Ques. Is there any age relaxation for reserved categories?
Ques. What will the selection procedure for the post?
Ques. What will be the pattern of preliminary CBT?
Ques. What will be the duration of prelims test?
Ques. What will be the pattern of Mains examination?
Ques. What will be the duration of Mains test?
Ques. Is the duration for Mains exams composite?
Ques. Will the descriptive test taken on the day of objective test?
Ques. Will the descriptive test be conducted offline?
Ques. What is the pattern of descriptive test?
Ques. What will be the maximum marks for GD & PI?
Ques. Is there any separate marks allotment for PI?
Ques. What all will be included in Banking & General Awareness section?
Ques. What is the application fee for SBI PO Examination?
Ques. How should the application fee be paid?
Ques. When are admit cards expected to be released?
Ques. Is there any sectional cut off in the test?
Ques. What is the expected date for result declaration for prelims?
Ques. What is the marking scheme in the test?
Ques. Is there negative marking for the wrong answers?
Ques. Can foreign national candidates apply for the test?
Ques. What is the salary for SBI PO?
Ques. Is the SBI PO exam bilingual?
Ques. What all documents do I need to fill the application form?
Ques. Is there any limit to the maximum attempts for SBI PO Recruitment examination?
Ques. In case I have problem in filling the application form, what should I do?
Ques. Do I need to carry any documents at the time of exam?