SBI PO 2019 Eligibility Criteria mandates a candidate to hold a Bachelor’s Degree to apply for the exam. Only candidates who fulfill the eligibility conditions can proceed towards filling SBI PO 2019 Application Form available on sbi.co.in from April 2 – 22, 2019.
- The total number of vacancies for SBI PO 2019 is 2000 including reserved categories.
- From this year onwards, EWS category will also get 10% reservation in the vacancies.
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline is required. Read SBI PO Syllabus
- Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.
- Only Indian nationalscan apply for the exam. Also, there is no domicile restriction.
- Candidates must be at least between 21 to 30 years of age as on April 1, 2019.
SBI PO Exam Pattern consists of three stages – Prelims, Mains and Group Discussion/ Personal Interview. Read below all the important eligibility conditions regarding age, education, nationality and number of attempts for General and Reserved Category candidates.
SBI PO 2019 Eligibility: Nationality
- SBI PO Application Form 2019 can only be filled by Indian citizens.
- However, there are no domicile rulesapplicable.
- Subjects of Nepal/ Bhutan or Tibetan Refugees can also apply.
- A person of Indian origin migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India can also apply.
- However, selected candidates are liable to be posted anywhere in India. Check Complete List of SBI PO 2019 Exam Centers
Note: Candidates who have complaint against them regarding character, moral turpitude, complaint regarding repayment of loans are not eligible to apply for the post. APPLY NOW CHECK ELIGIBILITY GET UPDATES
SBI PO 2019 Eligibility: Age Limit
- State Bank of India has set a certain age limit for candidates willing to fill the application form.
- All the candidates must be between 21 years to 30 years of age as on April 1, 2019.
- Candidates born not earlier than 02.04.1989 and not later than 01.04.1998 (both days included) are considered eligible. However, there is also a provision of age relaxation as per the constitutional Affirmation policy.
- The upper age of candidates is relaxed depending on their category. Given below is the relaxation criteria for candidates from reserved categories:
|Category||Relaxation in Age|
|Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST)||5 Years|
|Other Backward Class (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 Years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||PwD (Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe): 15 Years|
|PwD (Other Backward Class): 13 Years|
|PwD (General): 10 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs), Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have worked for not less than 5 years in military and have left on conclusion of project||5 Years|
|The original habitants of Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period ranging from 01 January 1980 to 31st December 1989||5 Years|
SBI PO 2018 Eligibility: Educational Qualification
It is mandatory for every applicant to match their educational credentials to the defined SBI PO 2019 Eligibility. Following are the conditions related to the educational qualifications of a candidate:
- Candidate must have agraduate degree in any discipline from a recognized University oran equivalent qualification recognized by the Central Government
- Applicant who is in the Final Year or final semester of his Graduation is also considered eligible to apply for SBI PO 2019
- Candidates in their final year can apply only under the condition that, if called for interview, the candidate has to produce proof of having passed their graduation on or before August 31, 2019
- Candidates who have Integrated Dual Degree certificate must make sure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before August 31, 2019
- A candidate who possesses the qualification of Chartered Accountant is also eligible to apply for SBI PO
SBI PO Eligibility 2019: Number of Attempts
- The number of attempts in SBI PO 2019 is decided as per the category of the candidate.
- Candidates who have already exhausted the maximum chances are ineligible to apply.
- The number of chances will be counted from the examination held on and after 18.04.2010.
- Appearing in Preliminary Examination will not be counted as a chance.
|Category||Number of attempts|
|SC/SC (PWD)/ST (PWD)||No restriction|
- Defaulters in repayment of Loans/ Credit Card dues or those with adverse CIBIL reports or other external agencies will not be considered eligible for appointments.
- Candidates against whom there is/are adverse report regarding character & antecedents, moral turpitude are not eligible to apply for the post.
SBI PO Eligibility and Reservation for PwD candidates
State Bank of India sets certain eligibility conditions for Persons with Disability. Vacancies are reserved for Disabled (Physically Challenged) Persons under Section 33 of the Persons with Disabilities, as per government guidelines.
Candidates who are orthopedically handicapped, Visually Impaired and Hearing Impaired are eligible to apply for the exam. Details of SBI PO 2019 Eligibility for PWD candidates are as follows: APPLY NOW CHECK ELIGIBILITY GET UPDATES
- Orthopedically Handicapped (OH): OH candidates who have locomotor disability or cerebral palsy with locomotor impairment of minimum 40% and only those who fall in the following categories of the disabled are eligible to apply for SBI PO 2019.
- OA – One arm affected (Right or Left)
- OL – One leg affected (Right or Left)
- OAL- One arm & One Leg affected
- BL- Both legs affected but not arms
- Visually Impaired (VI): Visually Handicapped (VH) persons who suffer from any one of the following conditions are eligible to apply for SBI PO 2019:
- Total absence of sight
- Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (Snellen)
- Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degrees
- Hearing Impaired: The candidates in whom the sense of hearing is non-functional for ordinary purposes of life and have totally lost hearing ability of both ears.
- The candidates who do not understand sounds at all even with amplified speech.
- Hearing impairment means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
SBI PO 2019- Facility of Scribe
- For candidates belonging to PwD categories, SBI provides the assistance of a scribe.
- Additional time is also offered, keeping in mind the disadvantage that such candidates face compared to other test takers.
- The facility of scribe will be provided to a candidate who has a physical disability of 40% or more, if it is desired by the person.
- This assistance is available to only those candidates with disability who havephysical limitation to write including that of speed.
- In all instances where a scribe is used, the following will be applicable:
- The requirement of a scribe by the eligible candidate must be enclosed beforehand, at the time of filling SBI PO Application Form 2019.
- A suitable undertaking, in the prescribed format at the time must be submitted at the time of online examination.
- A compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour of the examination will be available to such candidates, even if they avail the scribe facility.
- The candidate must arrange their own scribe at their own cost.
SBI PO Eligibility 2019 Important Points
A candidate must remember the following important points in regard to SBI PO Eligibility:
- The date of passing eligibility examination is the date that appears on the mark sheet or provisional certificate of the candidate, issued by the University or Institute.
- In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University, a certificate issued by the appropriate authority of the University/Institute showing the date on which the result was posted on the website is considered as the date of passing.
- Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the Application Form.
- Where CGPA or OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into the percentage and indicated in SBI PO 2019 Application Form.
- If a candidate is called for an interview, he must have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority stating that the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms.
- While calculating the marks of a candidate, total scores are calculated irrespective of honors, optional or additional optional subjects, if any.
- The criteria for calculating the marks are applicable for those Universities also where Class or grade is decided on the basis of Honors marks only.
- The fraction of percentage so arrived is ignored i.e. 59.99% is treated as less than 60% and 54.99%is treated as less than 55%.
- If at any stage, it is found that the candidate fails to fulfill the SBI PO Eligibility Criteria, his/her application is right away discarded.