SSC CGL 2019 Application Form will be soon available on the offcial website. As per the official SSC notice, SSC CGL Tier 1 will be conducted from June 4- June 13, 2019.
|SSC CGL Eligibility||SSC CGL Admit Card||SSC CGL Exam Pattern|
- SSC CGL 2019 application form can be filled in two parts – Part 1 is one time registration and Part 2 filling up the application form.
- The one time registration id and password generated by the candidates can be used for other SSC exams.
- Registration Part I consists of filling up of the details required in the application and the Registration Part II consists of the uploading of photograph and signature and payment of application fee.
- The application fee is INR 100 for male candidates belonging to the General/OBC category.
- Aspirants from the SC/ST/Physically handicapped/Ex- Servicemen category and all Female Candidates are exempted from paying the application fee.
- Application Fee can be paid online (Credit/Debit card or Sbi Net Banking) or offline (SBI challan Payment).
SSC CGL 2018 Application Form Highlights
|Method of Applying for SSC CGL||Online|
|SSC CGL Application fee for male candidates (UR/OBC)||INR 100/-|
|SSC CGL Application fee for SC/ST/Physically handicapped/Ex- Servicemen and Female Candidates||Exempted from application fee|
|Payment Methods||Online (SBI Net Banking, Credit/Debit Card)|
Offline (challan payment at any SBI branch)
SSC CGL 2018 Exam Dates
As per the latest notification of SSC CGL 2018, the schedule of exam will be as follows –
|Starting Date||May 5, 2018||SSC CGL 2018 Application end on June 4, 2018 (up to 5:00 pm)|
|Offline Challan Generation End Date||June 4, 2018 (up to 5:00 pm)||–|
|Payment Through SBI Challan||June 7, 2018||–|
|Tier I Exam Date||June 4 to June 13, 2019||Exam duration for Tier 1 is 60 minutes|
|Tier II Exam Date||September 11- September 13, 2019 (tentative)||Exam duration for Tier 2 is 2 hours|
|Tier III Exam Date||December 29, 2019 (tentative)||Exam duration for Tier 3 is 60 minutes|
|Tier IV Exam Date||To be notified later||Exam duration for Tier 4 is 45 minutes|
SSC CGL 2018 Eligibility
Candidates must thoroughly check the eligibility criteria and make sure they fulfill all the desired conditions before starting the application process.
- Candidates must have an Undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree) in any branch/stream from a recognized university/institution.
- Aspirants applying for SSC CGL cannot be less than 18 years and cannot be more than 27 years of age (as on 1st August, 2018).
- The age relaxation for the various other categories is mentioned in the below table.
|Gen +PH||10 yrs|
|OBC+ PH||13 yrs|
|Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 yrs|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 yrs|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 yrs|
How to fill SSC CGL 2018 Application Form?
The application procedure for the SSG CGL 2018 is entirely online. Candidates must be aware of all the instructions. It is advisable to have the below information and documents ready in hand, before initiating the application procedure APPLY NOW CHECK ELIGIBILITY GET UPDATES
- Scanned copy of passport photograph and signature of the candidate
- Credit/Debit Card details or Net Banking Details (SBI) in case of Online Payment
Step by Step for Filling of the SSC CGL 2018 Application Form:
SSC CGL 2018 Application procedure requires the candidates to follow the given steps:
1. Registration I:
- In order to register, candidates must visit the official website www.ssc.nic.in.
- Find and click on the ‘APPLY’ link and choose CGL in the new window that pops up.
- Read and fully understand the ‘Guidelines’ before initiating the Registration I procedure.
- Under the link ‘Examination’, find the ‘Part 1 Registration’ link.
- The opening and closing dates of the registration will be indicated.
- Candidates must then proceed to fill all the details asked in the Part I registration.
These details include the
- Personal Details
- Name of the Center and Code
- Complete Postal Address
- Departmental Status
- Preference of Posts
- Educational Qualification
- Details of Work Experience
After entering all the required details, click on ‘Submit’ button.
Verify Details: At the new page, candidates can view and verify all the information provided by them and make any changes if necessary. They can click on the ‘Update’ button to modify the details. Candidates can then click on the check box for ‘I Agree’ after reading the declaration and enter the security code that is shown.
- Registration ID of candidates is displayed along with the details entered by candidates at the time of registration.
- Candidates must note down this Registration ID and take a print of the page that is displayed for any future reference. Registration Id is also sent to the Email Id provided by candidates.
- This concludes Part I of the Registration.
2. Registration II:
- Candidates can then proceed to Part II of the Registration Process by clicking on the link ‘Part II Registration’ that is available on the previous page.
- Candidates must Login using the Registration ID obtained from the Registration Part I and the Date of Birth.
- Registration Part II consists of uploading of photograph and signature along with the application SSC CGL 2018 fee payment.
- Upload of Photograph and Signature: Candidates need to login to the Registration II portal using the Registration ID generated at the conclusion of Registration Part I and Date of Birth.
- Candidates then need to upload the photograph and the signature in the prescribed format and dimensions.
- Candidates can select their scanned images of photograph and signature by clicking on the ‘Choose File’ option and then clicking on ‘Upload Image’.
The specifications for the photograph and signature are given below.
- Format for the scanned images of the photograph and signature is JPG 8 bit only.
- Dimension of the scanned image of the photograph must be of 100 (width) x 120 (height) pixels only.
- Size of the file containing the photograph must be in between 4kb-12kb.
- Dimension of the scanned image of the signature must be of 140 (width) x 60 (height) pixels only.
- Size of the file containing the signature must be in between 1kb-12kb.
- Background for both the photograph and signature must be white.
Application Fee Payment: Next step is SSC CGL 2018 Application fee payment. The application fee of INR 100 can be paid either in online mode (Credit/Debit Card or SBI Net Banking) or offline mode (SBI challan payment).
Candidates belonging to the SC/ST/Physically handicapped/ Ex-Servicemen and all Female Candidates are exempted from the application fee payment.
Upon completion of the above steps, candidates can click on ‘Final Submit’.
The message ‘You have successfully submitted your application’ is displayed on the screen.
Candidates can take a print of this application form by clicking on the ‘View/Print’ application link. Candidates must carefully verify all the details entered, before ‘Final Submission’ of the application since there is no scope to make any changes to the submitted application.
Details in SSC CGL 2018 Application Form (Registration I)
|Details Asked||Filling Criteria|
|Name of the Center and Code:||Select centre and code from drop down list|
|Name||As present in the Matriculation/Secondary Examination Certificate Do not use prefix such as Mr/Mrs etc|
|Father’s Name||Do not prefix such as Shri/Dr etc|
|Mother’s Name||Do not prefix such as Shri/Dr etc|
|Date of Birth||Select date, month and year from dedicated drop down list Enter the date of birth as present in the Matriculation/Secondary Examination Certificate|
|Aadhar No:||Enter unique Aadhar card number|
|Gender, Nationality, Category||Choose your Gender, Nationality and Category from the drop down list|
|Choose applicable option from drop down list:|
Whether Ex- Serviceman
Whether Physically Handicapped
Whether Fee Exemption Claimed
Claiming Age relaxation
Whether belonging to Minority
|Postal Details:Complete Postal Address including District/City, State/UT, PIN code, Mobile and E-Mail||No need to mention the name again before entering the correct postal address along with PIN code|
|SSC Post Preferences:||30 different posts are available and the code corresponding to each post must be entered in the 30 boxes provided.|
|Educational Details:||Select the qualification degree, subject and year of passing from the drop down list. The percentage obtained in the qualifying degree examination must be entered.|
|Work Experience Details:||Enter Name of Occupation, Description and Nature of Work along with selecting the starting date to the end date from the drop down list|
- If candidates are applying for the post of Statistical Investigator, they must select ‘Yes’ when asked for the same under the SSC Post Preferences and select the applicable option (Yes/No) when asked if they possess the qualification for the post of Statistical Investigator.
- Similarly, candidates applying for the post of AAO must also select ‘Yes’ when asked for the same and select the applicable option (Yes/No) when asked if they possess the qualification for AAO.
- Candidates can have any degree to apply for the post of AAO.
SSC CGL 2018 Application Form Correction
Candidates have to be extremely careful as there is no option for editing the details provided during the Registration after the Final Submission of the SSC CGL application.
However, if an error occurs at the time of filling of details in the registration part, candidates can start the entire procedure of Registration I again. SSC accepts the application which is last filled by the candidates.
Candidates must also make sure to note down the Registration Number (which is also sent to the Registered Email Id) after the completion of Registration Part I since this cannot be retrieved if lost.
Question: Can the SSG CGL 2018 application be done in offline mode?
Answer: No. SSC CGL 2018 application procedure is entirely online.
Question: What is the age criterion for applying?
Answer: Candidates must be between 18-27 years (as on 1st August of the year of examination).
Question: What is the minimum qualification required for applying?
Answer: Candidates must have Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution/University. Candidates can have the degree from any stream.
Question: What are the modes of payment of Application Fee?
Answer: Application fee of Rs. 100/- can be paid in the online mode or the offline mode.
Online mode includes Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking (SBI).
Offline Mode involves challan payment in any branch of SBI. This challan can be downloaded from the official website.
Question: What are the steps involved in applying for the SSC CGL 2018?
Answer: There are two steps, namely Registration Part I and Registration Part II.
Registration Part I consists of filling up of all the Personal, educational details etc. and Post Preferences.
Registration Part II consists of Uploading of Photograph and Signature.
Question: Is there any way to correct mistakes in the application form after Final Submission?
Answer: There is no way to correct the mistakes or modify the application after the Final Submission. The entire procedure of registration has to be started again.