CMAT Registration 2020 will begin tentatively from November 12. Management aspirants satisfying the CMAT Eligibility Criteria can visit the official website (ntacmat.nic.in) to fill the application form.
- CMAT 2020 is scheduled for January 28 (tentative) in two shifts.
- Graduates in any discipline can apply for the entrance exam.
- The application fee varies as per candidate’s category and gender.
- There will be no change in the registration process, application fee and the pattern of the examination.
- The exam will be conducted in nearly 84 cities across India. Check CMAT Exam Centers
- CMAT score will be accepted by all AICTE-Approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges.
Read on to know more about CMAT Registration 2020, important dates, steps to apply for the exam, documents required, application fees and other essential details.
CMAT Registration Dates 2020
As per the NTA information bulletin for CMAT, given below are the important dates for your reference:
|Release of CMAT 2020 Official Notification||October 9, 2019|
|CMAT 2020 Registration Begins from||November 12, 2019|
|Last date for CMAT 2020 Registration||December 17, 2019|
|Last Date to Upload Scanned Images||December 18, 2019|
|Last Date to Make Payment||December 18, 2019|
|Release of CMAT Admit Card||January 15, 2020|
|CMAT 2020 Exam Date||February 27, 2020|
Documents Required for CMAT Registration
- A computer with good internet connectivity
- All your qualification details
- 3 copies of bank challan (in case of offline payment)
- A scanned copy of photograph and signature as per the following requirement:
|Photo||140 x 160||≤ 60Kb||JPEG/JPG|
|Signature||60 x 90||≤ 30Kb||JPEG/JPG|
Pre-Requisites for CMAT Registration
- Aspirants will require a valid email ID which should be active for the next 6 months from the date of CMAT Registration. All the official communication will be done on this provided email id.
- They will also require a valid mobile number for receiving official information via SMS.
- Valid Debit card/ Credit card in case the mode of payment is online.
How to Apply for CMAT 2020
There are mainly 4 steps involved to apply for CMAT exam:
- Register for Online Application Form
- Filling CMAT 2020 Application Form
- Scanning and Uploading of Documents
- Payment of Application Fee
Here are the step-wise instructions to complete CMAT Registration 2020:
Step 1- Self-Registration for CMAT 2020
- Candidates have to provide their necessary details to obtain a system generated 6 digit Application No.
- They are also required to create a PASSWORD and choose Security Question and enter its answer.
- After successful submission of the personal details, an Application number will be generated and it will be used to complete the remaining steps of the form.
- For subsequent logins, the candidate will be able to login directly with the respective system generated application number and created Password.
Read More About What to Avoid During CMAT Registration?
How to Register?
Candidates are advised to follow the steps below to complete the Registrations for CMAT 2020.
- Visit the official website of CMAT 2020 (ntacmat.nic.in )
- Click on Fill Application Form
- Click on the ‘Apply’ tab under the New Candidate Registration box.
- Read the Instructions and the Procedure before starting the process.
- Also, download the Information Bulletin and then select ‘Click here to Proceed’ tab.
- Fill in all the fields viz.
- Personal details
- Contact details
- Choose Password
- Security Pin
The following screenshot represents the fields that must be filled to generate a unique ‘Application Number.’
After furnishing all the details, candidates must review all the particulars carefully. In case of any changes, select ‘Edit Registration Form.’
Step 2: Complete Application Form
- Using the system generated application number and created a password, login again.
- Select four choices for the exam city. Check CMAT Exam Cities 2020
- Fill all the other required fields and review the form again.
Step 3: Scan and Upload Images
Candidates are required to scan and upload the following:
- Enter the security pin.
- Select I have verified Uploaded images carefully.
Note: Upload your recent passport size photograph and signature
Step 4: Fee Payment
The next step after filling up the online Application Form is to remit the CMAT Registration Fee. NTA has proclaimed that the application fee will not increase for CMAT 2020. The application fee for different categories is as follows:-
|Category||Male (INR)||Female (INR)|
|General/ Non-creamy layer OBC||1400||700|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||700||700|
Candidates can pay CMAT Registration Fee through following modes:
Option 1- Online Mode
Fee Payment can be done through Net Banking, Credit Card or Debit Card. Here’s how you can pay your CMAT Registration Fee in online mode:
- Select the mode through which you want to pay (Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card).
- Check the declaration box and select ‘I agree.’
- Click on Submit and Pay button.
- The dialog box directing the payment will appear.
- Fill the details as per the requirement.
- After you have made the payment, an email and an SMS confirming the successful submission of application will be sent to the registered mail ID and mobile number by the CMAT Authorities.
Option 2- Offline Mode
- Select the option pay by CASH at any of the designated SBI Branch only.
- After selecting this option, a challan will appear on the screen with your details filled in.
- Take 3 print outs of the challan copy and fill the necessary details in all the three copies.
- Move into the nearest SBI Branch the next day and deposit the cash.
- The bank will give you one copy of challan with a stamp and a journal number written on it.
- After depositing the cash, wait for 48 hours. Within 48 hours of payment at the bank, you will receive an email or SMS confirming that the payment has been updated on your registration portal.
DownloadCMAT Admit Card
Details asked during CMAT Registration
Candidates must enter information about the following details asked in the CMAT Application Form 2020:
|Details Asked||Filling Criteria|
|Candidate’s Name||As on class 10th Marksheet|
|Father’s Name||As on class 10th Marksheet|
|Mother’s Name||In not more than 50 characters|
|Date of Birth||In DD/MM/YYYY format|
|Category||Choose whether Open/OBC/SC/ST|
|Gender||Choose whether Male/Female/Transgender|
|Religion||Choose from the list that drops down|
|Email ID||Valid email ID for future correspondence|
|Mobile number||Valid contact number for future correspondence|
|Password Recovery Question||To retrieve the forgotten password|
|10+2 or Higher Secondary exam||Details about the marks obtained, seat number, year of passing|
|Bachelor’s/ Qualifying Degree||Details about the marks obtained, year of passing, university.|
CheckCMAT Cut off
CMAT Registration 2020 FAQs
Ques. Is there any problem if I use my parent’s email id for CMAT Registration?
Ans: Candidates are advised not to use anyone’s email id during CMAT Registration, as all communication will be made through the registered id. Make sure the email id is unique and valid.
Ques. How can I retrieve my password?
Ans: Candidates have the option to complete CMAT Registration in multiple sessions also. However, if they fail to remember their password, they can follow the below steps to recover it:
- Visit the official site of CMAT i.e. nta.ac.in.
- Click on “Forgot Password?” link under the Existing User Login Tab.
- Enter the Registered Email Address.
- A new password would be sent on registered Email ID.
Ques. Can I purchase CMAT Application Form from NTA in offline mode?
Ans: No, the option to fill CMAT application form is online only. All desirous candidates can visit ntacmat.nic.in to fill the registration form.
Ques. Is it possible if I pay CMAT Registration Fee through Bank Demand Draft or Cheque? Where do I have to pay my fee?
Ans: No, the option to pay the fee through bank demand draft or cheque is not available. CMAT Registration Fee must be paid either online or by cash. To remit the fee by cash, candidates have to generate 3 copies of challan and take its printout. 24 hours after generating challan, visit any branch of State Bank of India and deposit the fee in cash.
Ques. Is there any provision to edit CMAT Registration Form?
Ans: Candidates will not be able to modify any information after the submission of the application form. However, in case a form correction window opens by AICTE, the same will be updated here.
Ques. I have registered for CMAT 2020 and submitted the fee too, but now I want to cancel it? Will my fee be refunded?
Ans: No. CMAT Registration Fee is non-refundable.
Ques. In case I don’t appear in the test, will my fee be refunded?
Ans: No, this is not possible.
Ques. Where can I find the list of exam centers?
Ans. The list of Exam Centers to choose during registration is given at the official website.