XAT Counselling 2020 will commence from February and conclude in April 2020. There will be no centralized counselling by XLRI for admissions. Each institute has its own counselling procedure. Candidates who make it to the merit list on the basis of their score in XAT and other selection rounds will be called for counselling.
- XAT 2019 concluded on January 6 and as per the analysis, the difficulty level was similar to that of last year’s exam. Check XAT Paper Analysis
- The expected cut off, based on past top MBA colleges reveals that the XLRI cut off can be 96 and for SPJIMR it would be beyond 93. Check XAT Cut Off
- As the results for the exam are announced, XLRI and other MBA colleges will now release their cut-offs. Check XAT Results
Facts about XAT Counselling
To appear for XAT Counselling, first, register at the official website of your preferred college. XAT Counselling Fee is INR 1600 for colleges other than XLRI. Candidates interested in XLRI program(s) needs to pay an additional fee of INR 300 each. Carry all documents in original as well as the xerox copy.
XAT Counselling Procedure 2019
Candidates who clear the cutoff for XAT are eligible to participate in the selection rounds of different colleges. The process for XAT Counselling is done in online mode. The steps involved in the procedure is as follows:
Step 1 – Registration for Counselling
- Before appearing for XAT counselling, all the selected candidates are required to register for it.
- It can be done by providing the required credentials on the official website of your preferred college.
- With that, candidates are required to make the payment.
- One must take note that the fee varies as per the institute.
- Post successful registration, candidates must pay the fee for the courses he has selected.
- Failure to pay XAT counsellingfee will result in cancellation of admission.
- For Indian candidates, the fee for the registration is INR 1600 and INR 300 for every additional course.
- However, for foreign and NRI candidates the application fee is $50 and $25 for every additional course.
- Candidates must paythe fee through an online gateway (VISA/Master – Credit & Debit Cards, Net Banking), Cash Payment and DD.
- Candidates have to get a DD made in favour of “XLRI Programmes” payable at Jamshedpur.
|XLRI Jamshedpur XAT Cut off||KJ Somaiya XAT Cut off||GLIM Chennai XAT Cut off|
Step 2 – Choice Filling and Locking
- After successful registration, candidates will have an option to choose a preferred course in the institute.
- Select the course and lock the same option.
- One must take note that after locking the choice no alterations can be done at later stages.
Step 3 – Final Seat Allotment
- The final allotment will be done on the basis of choices filled by the candidate.
- Also, on the basis of rank in the merit list as well as on the availability status.
Note: After the XAT Counselling concludes, candidates have to report at the allocated venue for Document Verification Process.
Documents Required for XAT Counselling 2019
Candidates must know about the required documents required to bring while appearing for XAT Counseling.
- Original counseling letter along with photocopy of counseling letter
- Original and Xerox of XAT Admit Card
- Bank draft as per the guidelines mentioned in XAT Brochure
- Academic Certificates (class X & XII; Bachelor’s Degree)
- XAT Rank Card
- Score card (if applicable)
- Caste Certificate
- Medical documents
- 4-6 Passport size photographs color and black and white
XAT Selection Procedure 2019
- The selection procedure varies as per the participating institute.
- The process will test overall abilities of a candidate.
- Based on XAT Selection Procedure, the institute will decide if a candidate is suitable for admissions or not.
- The process will be a two-step process. The two steps are as follows:
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
The process for each XLRI program is explained below:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management- Business Management (PGDM-BM):
Stage 1: Shortlisting based on XAT score
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management- General Management (PGDM-GM):
Stage 1: Shortlisting based on XAT or GMAT score.
Stage 2: Personal Interview (PI), in person, or over G-Talk/ Skype for overseas candidates.
- PGDM (BM), Part-Time (JSR):
Stage 1: Shortlisting based on an aptitude test (which consists of class 10th level questions on quantitative ability, English language skills, and logical reasoning). Candidates may be required to provide the scores of credible MBA examinations in which they may have appeared.
Stage 2: Personal Interview (PI) atXLRI Jamshedpur
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management-Global MBA (PGDM- GMBA):
- Shortlisting based on XAT or GMAT score.
- Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI).
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management- Human Resources Management (PGDM- HRM):
- Shortlisting based on XAT score.
- Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). The GD typically lasts for 30 minutes, with 8-10 participants.
Once these rounds are completed, the total score for final selection is calculated on the basis of weightage given to several assessment components such as XAT score, GD, PI, Essay Writing, past academic records, work experience, and overall profile of the candidate.
|XIM Bhubaneshwar XAT Cut off||IMT Ghaziabad XAT Cut off and Admission|
Preparation of XAT Merit List
The weightage of these components (for all programs of XLRI) for final selection is as explained below:
|Essay, GK, Academic profile, work-ex, video||15%|
- XLRI has the right to change the weightage of the components after analyzing GD/PI data.
- The bottom 10% scores in GD/PI may not be considered for final selection irrespective of scores in other components.
- On the basis of the total score, a merit list for final admissions is prepared.
XAT Group Discussion
In a GD round, candidates are divided into groups of 8-15 participants, depending on the number of candidates shortlisted and the number of GD rounds in total that the Institute wishes to conduct. Each group is then given a topic which the participants are required to discuss. The time limit for each GD is about 15-25 minutes.
The topics of XLRI GD could be related to current affairs, politics, social issues such as women’s rights and emancipation, or any other issue concerning advertising, technology, education or business in India.
Guidelines to the Group Discussion
- Utilize the time given before each GD round to make some quick notes for yourself.
- Don’t lose your calm if the GD turns into a fish market. Stick to the topic and make your points in a clear, audible voice.
- Don’t get too aggressive and insulting in your words and tone.
- Don’t flaunt your vocabulary during the GD. Instead, focus on good and substantial points to put forth.
- Address the entire group while making a point.
- Don’t try to dominate the group. Don’t pick fights with the ones who disagree with you.
- Body Language: Sit straight, be active, don’t slouch or hunch, don’t intrude into other people’s space by spreading your arms way too much, gestures using hands must be limited to your personal space, at the height of your chest.
- Don’t be too shy or introverted as none of the other participants will give you the chance to speak. Make at least some contribution to the GD to avoid getting eliminated. The beginning and ending of the GD are good places to speak up and get noticed.
- Be updated with the latest current affairs and increase your knowledge about various issues concerning our society, culture, politics, business, education etc. Reading newspapers daily will help in this direction.
Read About XAT 2019 Group Discussion & Interview Preparation Tips
XAT Personal interview
Personal Interview (PI) has questions about the candidate’s background, academics, achievements, and motivation behind going for an MBA. The interviewers intend to gauge the candidates on their communication skills, content, confidence, and ability to think under pressure.
Usually, candidates are petrified by the thought of a PI due to low confidence, lack of communication skills and fear of speaking in public.
Guidelines to the Personal Interview
- Don’t fear the interview panel. They are experienced academicians and experts but they WANT to know you better, so don’t get too nervous. Relax and be as natural in your answers as possible.
- Take care of general etiquettes: Greet them, address all the panelists while talking, thank them after the interview is over.
- Be well-versed and thorough with your resume, essay and application form.
- Be honest in your answers and don’t try to bluff the interviewers. If you don’t know the answer to a question, admit that and apologize. The panel is expert at catching lies of the interviewee, so don’t attempt to bluff them.
- Treat it like a talking session. This will keep you relaxed and keep nervousness at bay.
- Time for every interviewee is different. A shorter interview does not mean elimination. Similarly, a longer interview does not indicate selection.
- Smile. Don’t look too serious, too aggressive or too tense.
XAT Counselling FAQs
Ques: When is XAT 2019 counselling expected to be start?
Ans: XAT 2019 counselling is expected to start in the month of February 2019.
Ques: What is the counselling fee for XLRI ?
Ans: The counselling fee for XLRI is INR 1900.
Ques: XAT 2019 counselling will be held in which mode?
Ans: XAT 2019 counselling will be conducted in online mode only.
Ques: Can I change my choice after locking it?
Ans: No, you can not change your choice after locking it.
Ques: What is the counselling fee for Foreign candidates?
Ans: Counselling fee for Foreign candidates is $50 and $25 for every additional course.