As NTA will be conducting CMAT 2020, for now, it is expected that NO CHANGES will be made in CMAT Exam Pattern. The exam is scheduled for January 28, 2020 tentatively in two shifts.
NTA will release the official mock tests for CMAT shortly at the official website i.e. nta.ac.in. These will help the applicants to familiarize themselves with the screens, layout, and navigation. Download Free CMAT Sample Papers
Read on to know more about CMAT Exam Pattern, Marking Scheme, Mock Test, Important Topics and Preparation Books.
CMAT Exam Pattern in Details
- Mode of Exam: Online i.e. Computer Based Test.
- Medium of Exam: The medium of the question paper in English only.
- Nature of Questions: Objective type (MCQs) i.e. each question will have four choices out of which only one choice will be a correct one.
- Marking Scheme: There are 4 marks for each correct answer. There shall be negative marking for wrong answers, for each wrong answer 1 mark shall be deducted.
- Number of Questions – 100 questions 25 question per section.
Check CMAT Exam Cut off
Section-wise CMAT Exam Pattern
|SECTION||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||TOTAL MARKS|
|Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||25||100|
Check CMAT Syllabus
CMAT Exam Pattern for QA/DI
- For this section, candidates must work on their speed and efficiency. The calculation is an essential factor when it comes to answering questions in this section.
- Questions in this section are usually single and are not based on sets.
- Arithmetic operations and Modern Math forms an integral part of the section.
- Candidates are advised to have good proficiency in solving the problems from topics such as Time and Distance, Geometry, Numbers, Profit and Loss, Simple equations and Time and Work.
Check More About CMAT QA/DI Section
CMAT Exam Pattern for Logical Reasoning
- In this section, most of the questions are generally from topics such as Puzzles, Statements and Conclusions, Cause and effect, Assumptions and Conclusions and missing term in the figure.
- Topics from arrangements (linear, seating, sequencing and arranging with conditions) are also asked.
Check More About CMAT Logical Reasoning Section
CMAT Exam Pattern for Language Comprehension
- Questions from para-jumbles fill in the blanks, identification of word meaning by selecting correct synonym and antonym, idioms, sentence correction, identification of correct sentence, etc. are commonly asked in this section.
- Reading comprehension is an integral part of this section. It is advised that candidates read newspapers, novels, etc. to develop a reading habit and sharpen their verbal ability skills.
- The passages are of 500-600 words that are not too difficult. Also, there is no fixed rule on framing questions in RC.
Check Details About CMAT Verbal Ability Section
CMAT Exam Pattern for General Awareness
- Questions in GK are divided into 3 parts- Conventional, Current and Business & Economics.
- For this section, candidates are advised to be well updated with the current affairs, especially in the Business And Economics section.
- Basic knowledge of Science, History, Inventions, Book authors and Indian politics will also help candidates to answer the questions in this section.
Important Note: During the exam, each candidate will be assigned a desktop, along with a rough sheet and pen. Once the exam is over, the rough sheet is to be left at the desk.
Check CMAT Preparation Tips
CMAT 2020 Mock Test
Trial Test is available on the official website of NTA. This is to help candidates get accustomed to the online test and navigation functionality. Candidates are advised to go through CMAT Mock Test to acquaint themselves with the screens, layout, and navigation.
Benefits of Taking a Trial Test
- Candidates get an idea about their speed and efficiency.
- It helps the candidates to manage their time better in the actual test.
- It acquaints candidates with the navigation and layout of the test.
- A trial test may also help candidates to form an idea about their actual score in the test.
- It gives candidates the confidence to perform in the actual test.
CMAT 2020 Important Topics
- Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation is designed based on 10+2 level Mathematics syllabus.
- Language Comprehension includes components of English Grammar and Vocabulary.
- There is no fixed syllabus for the Logical Reasoning and the General Awareness sections. However, candidates are advised to check the topics discussed below for these sections.
CMAT 2020 Section Wise Syllabus:
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation||Logical Reasoning||General Awareness||Language Comprehension|
|Number Systems||Analytical Reasoning||Current Affairs of National and International Economy||Jumbled Paragraphs|
|Fraction and Decimals||Statements Assumptions||Personalities in News||Reading Comprehension|
|Geometry & Averages||Analogy Test||Sports news||Paragraph Completion|
|Quadratic and linear equations||Inferences||Trade Awareness||Sentence Correction|
|Ratios and Proportion||Statements Arguments||History||Synonyms and Antonyms|
|Percentages & In-equations||Non-Verbal Reasoning||Culture||Idioms and Phrases|
|Partnership||Cause and Effects||Politics||English Grammar|
|Time-Speed-Distance||Statements and Conclusion||Geography||English Usage Errors|
|Algebra||Blood Relationship Tests||Economics||Sentence Improvement|
|Profit and Loss||Symbol Based Problems||Sports||One-word Substitution|
CMAT Preparation Books 2020
Books are the most important aspect of exam preparation. Some of the books that candidates may refer to for the preparation of CMAT 2020 exam are given below. The students and experts most recommend these.
|Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation||Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||RS Agarwal|
|Accredited Guide to Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency||Ananta Ashisha|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation Data Sufficiency||Think Tank of Kiran Prakashan|
|Logical Reasoning||A modern approach to logical reasoning||RS Agarwal|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT||Arun Sharma|
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT||Nishit Sinha|
|Language Comprehension||The Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability||Sujit Kumar|
|How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension?||Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay|
|CAT Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||Gautam Puri|
|General Awareness||General Knowledge||Disha Experts|
|Face To Face MAT With 19 Years (1997-2016)||BS Sijwali|