India Air Force has invited online application for the courses commencing in July 2020. The application forms are available from June 1, 2019 onwards at the official website i.e., careerindianairforce.cdac.in and afcat.cdac.in. Know More
Candidates (men and women) willing to be a part of Indian Air Force as commissioned officers in Flying and Ground Duty (both technical and non-technical) can apply latest by June 30, 2019.
- The exam will be conducted on August 24 and 25, 2019.
- There are different eligibility criteria for flying and different branches. CheckAFCAT Eligibility
- For this session, a total of 242 vacancies is offered under both branches.
- The syllabus is of graduation level, except question under Numerical Ability section.
|AFCAT Syllabus||AFCAT Exam Pattern||AFCAT Application Form|
Highlights of AFCAT 2019
|Exam Name||AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test)|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Indian Air Force (IAF)|
|Posts Offered||Commissioned officers in Flying Branch, Ground Duty (technical) and Ground Duty (Non-technical) branch|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Sections||General Awareness, Numerical Ability, Reasoning & Military Aptitude and Verbal Ability in English|
|Selection Procedure||AFCAT exam, AFSB Interview, and Medical Test|
AFCAT 2019 Important Dates
The official dates for AFCAT 2019 exam are given below:
|Publishing of AFCAT 2019 notification||June 1, 2019|
|AFCAT 2019 Registration||June 1- 30, 2019|
|Issue of AFCAT Admit card||1st week of August 2019|
|AFCAT 2019 exam date||August 24 and 25, 2019|
|AFCAT Result||October 2019|
AFCAT 2019 Eligibility
Candidates who are willing to take AFCAT 2019 must check, whether they fulfill the desired eligibility criteria or not. The brief eligibility criterion for different branches/courses is mentioned below for your reference.
Nationality: Candidates must be a citizen of India.
Age Limit:It varies as per the branch viz.
- Flying Branch (AFCAT & NCC Entry): 20 – 24 years as on July 1, 2020, i.e. born between July 2, 1996 – July 1, 2000.
- Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical): 20 – 26 years as on July 1, 2020 i.e. born between July 2, 1994 – July 1, 2000.
- The DOB accepted by the IAF is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognized by an Indian University.
- Candidates below 25 years of age must be unmarried at the time of commencement of the course.
- Widows/ Widowers and divorcees below 25 years are also not eligible.
- Flying Branch: minimum of 60% marks each in Math and Physics at 10+2 level.
- Graduation with a minimum of 3 years degree in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks.
Check Detailed AFCAT Eligibility
AFCAT Application Form 2019
Application Form for AFCAT 2019 is available in online mode only. The step by step registration cum application process is mentioned below.
- Go to the official career website of Indian Air force.
- Click on Candidates login section.
- A new web page will appear. Fill in the registration details asked for new users like the name; e-mail ID, mobile number, etc.
- Click on submit. A new registration ID and password would be sent to the registered E-mail address.
Application Form Filling
- Fill in the details as per the directions are given on the webpage.
- Select the preference of branch, AFCAT Exam Center, Subject for EKT exam, etc.
- Upload Your signature and Photograph (as per dimensions provided in the notification).
- Click on submit.
Payment of Application Fee
- After filling the online form, the exam fee of INR 250 has to be made through the ‘Make Payment’ step in the main menu.
- This fee is non-refundable.
- The examination fee can be paid using credit/ debit cards/ net banking through the payment gateway.
Check Detailed AFCAT Registration Process
AFCAT 2019 Admit Card
- Candidates will be issued their e-admit card three weeks before the exam date.
- Admit Card will be sent to the registered email IDs and will also be available at careerindiaairforce.cdac.in.
Candidates can download their AFCAT 2019 Admit Card by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of Indian Air force, go to the career section.
- Click on the Candidate Login section.
- Type your E-mail ID and Password to log in and download the admit card.
- A window showing the admit card will appear.
- Click on download admit card.
- After downloading the admit card take a printout of the same.
In case, a candidate does not receive his/ her admit card or fails to download the document or finds any discrepancy in the ticket, contact the AFCAT Query Cell at C-DAC immediately.
Ph. Nos. : 020-25503105 | 020-25503106
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
AFCAT 2019 Exam Center
- For this session, there are 104 locations for AFCAT 2019.
- Candidates must choose the centers at the time of registration according to their preference.
- Make note that no request for change of center will be entertained by the authorities.
AFCAT Exam Pattern
Candidates opting for Ground Duty (Technical) branch have to appear in both AFCAT as well as Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT).
AFCAT 2019 Exam Pattern Highlights
|Exam||AFCAT||EKT (only for technical)|
|Mode of Exam||Online i.e. computer-based||Online i.e. computer-based|
|No. of Questions||100||50|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours (120 minutes)||45 minutes|
|Sections in Paper||General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability and Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||Mechanical, Computer Science and Electrical & Electronics|
|Negative Marking||1 mark||1 mark|
Check detailedAFCAT Exam Pattern
As per the notification, the standard of Numerical Ability Questions will be of Matriculation level. Whereas, the questions in other subjects will be of graduation level (Indian University). A brief of AFCAT syllabus is listed below:
- English – Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion/ Filling in of correct word, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary, Idioms, and Phrases.
- General Awareness – History, Geography, Civics, Politics, Current Affairs, Environment, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Sports, etc.
- Numerical Ability – Decimal Fraction, Time and Work, Average, Profit & Loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple Interest, Time & Distance (Trains/Boats & Streams).
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test – Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.
Check Detailed AFCAT Syllabus
AFCAT Recommended Books
Candidates can refer to the general aptitude book for any other government exam for which aptitude portion is common with AFCAT. Candidates should also refer to previous year AFCAT and EKT paper for a more comprehensive and holistic understanding of the questions asked. The list of recommended books is tabulated below.
LATEST APPLICATION FORMS 2019
|Let’s Crack AFCAT||SSB Crack||819310871X|
|AFCAT Topic-wise Solved paper||Disha Experts||9385846744|
|Let’s Crack EKT||SSB Crack||8193108728|
AFCAT Result and AFSB Selection Process
AFCAT 2019 Result will be declared in the last week of September on the official website. The exact date for AFCAT Result will be announced through AFCAT official notification. Follow the steps given below to check the result.
- Visit the official website afcat.cdac.in.
- Click on AFCAT 2019 Results.
- Enter login credentials i.e. email id and password to check the result.
AFSB Selection Process
- IAF will prepare a list of candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the Online AFCAT as fixed by the IAF in their discretion.
- Candidates who are declared successful in the Online AFCAT will be called at one of the Air Force Selection Boards.
- Candidates who have applied for NCC Special Entry and Meteorology Branch will be directly called for AFSB testing at one of the AFSB centers.
- AFSB centres are at Dehradun (1 AFSB), Mysuru (2 AFSB), Gandhinagar (3 AFSB) and Varanasi (4 AFSB).
- Candidates who opt for flying branch can only opt for Dehradun, Mysore and Varanasi.
- Candidates are required to choose AFSB date and venue by themselves on the website https://careerindianairforce.cdac.in (OR) https://afcat.cdac.in in order to generate call- up letter for AFSB interview.
Final Merit List
- Candidates should secure the minimum qualifying marks separately in written examination and AFSB test as fixed by the IAF.
- The qualifiers names will be placed in the order of merit on the basis of the total marks secured by them in the written examination and in the AFSB tests.
- The form and manner of communication of the result of the examination to individual candidates will be decided by the IAF in their discretion.
- 10% of the vacancies are reserved for NCC Air Wing Senior Division ‘C’ certificate holders in Ground Duty (Technical and Non-technical) Branches.
- Allotment of PC/ SSC in Ground Duty (Technical and Non-technical) Branches would be based on a number of vacancies, performance in the selection process and the choice given by the candidates.
AFCAT Vacancies (2019)
Note: Vacancies indicated are tentative and subject to change without notice. The actual intake would depend on organizational requirements, various cadre control mechanisms, availability of training slots and actual number of vacancies accruing in January 2020.
AFCAT Cut Off
The cut-offs are expected to follow the general trend in AFCAT 2019 as well. The following table would be useful in estimating the cut off as for AFCAT 2019.
|Year||Exam||Cut Off Score||EKT|
|2018||AFCAT 1AFCAT 2||155140||6055|
|2017||AFCAT 1AFCAT 2||150 160||6060|
|2016||AFCAT 1AFCAT 2||132148||6060|
|2015||AFCAT 1AFCAT 2||126144||5552|
|2014||AFCAT 1AFCAT 2||127123||-45|
|2013||AFCAT 1AFCAT 2||144116||—|
Official cut off would be published on the website after the completion of the exam cycle.