UGC NET 2019 Application Process got over on March 30, 2019. Also, the form correction got over on April 14, 2019. Currently, candidates who have registered for the exam can download the Admit Card from May 15, 2019 onwards. One can download the same from the official website i.e. ntanet.nic.in.
The exam will be held from June 20, 2019 to June 28, 2019.
Latest: The Commission has revised the syllabus of all NET subjects (including Paper I on General Awareness). The changes will be followed from June 2019 session onwards. Check UGC NET Syllabus
UGC NET 2019 Application Dates
|Event||June Session (Ongoing)|
|UGC NET 2019 Exam Notification||February 5, 2019|
|Availability of Online Application Form||March 1 – 30, 2019|
|UGC NET Application Fee Payment||April 1, 2019|
|UGC NET Form Correction Facility||April 7, 2019 – 14, 2019|
|Availability of UGC NET Admit Card||May 15, 2019 onwards|
|UGC NET 2019 Exam Date||June 20 – 28, 2019|
UGC NET 2019 Eligibility
Before filling the Application Form, candidates must consider important points listed below
Checklist for filling Application Form
- Candidates must be aware of the eligibility conditions and age limit.
- They must fill the correct reserved category in the form.
- They must fill the subject and city of examination code correctly.
- PwD candidates must fill the information in relevant columns and others need to leave the columns blank.
- Keep the print out of Application Form for future correspondence.
- Age Criteria: For Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) the upper age limit is 30 years as on January 1, 2019. There is no age limit described for the Assistant Professor.
- Relaxation of 5 years: is given in the upper age limit for OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD category. Relaxation will also be provided to the research experience students.
- Qualifying Exam: Students must have a Master’s degree or equivalent from any recognized university.
- Subjects: The qualifying exam has to be passed in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications and Electronic Science.
- Minimum Marks: General category students must have scored 55% marks in the qualifying exam while 50% marks is required for reserved category students.
- Appearing Candidates: Students who are appearing in the final semester of the master’s degree can also apply.
- Relaxation: There is a 5% relaxation for Ph.D. degree holders in aggregate marks. Such students should have a Master’s degree examination completed by September 19, 1991.
Check detailed Eligibility and exemptions for Professorship UGC NET Eligibility
How to Fill UGC NET 2019 Application Form?
By following the steps given below, students can fill the UGC NET 2019 application form:
(All the 4 Steps can be done together or at separate times.)
Step 1: Registration
- Registration: New users should register on the official website of UGC NET 2019 to apply for the same. Candidates can complete the registration process by filling the required details.
- Log in: Already registered candidates can login using their Application Number and Password.
- Note: Candidates are advised to go through the Terms and Conditions and then click on “Proceed Further”.
Step 2: Filling the details
- Details: The online application form will be displayed and candidates must enter the required details such as 4 preferences of exam center, NET subject, course at PG level, reservation category and other details.
- Submission: Fill all the details and click on “Submit” option.
- Confirmation: After submission, a Review Page appears where candidates can review the details entered by them. After verification, click “Final Submit” button to submit the application form. Candidates should save the confirmation page.
- Application Number: Application number will be generated after the submission of the form. Candidates must save the number as it is used to log in and other uses.
Step 3: Uploading Scanned Images
Candidates are required to upload scanned images only in the specified format and dimensions. The photograph must be clicked on or after March 1, 2019, clearly specifying the name of the candidate and date of clicking the photo. The specifications are given below:
|Format||JPG/ JPEG||JPG/ JPEG|
|Size||between 10kb – 200kb||between 4kb – 30 kb|
|Dimensions||3.5 cm X 4.5 cm||3.5 cm X 1.5 cm|
Step 4: Application Fee Payment
- Portal: After the final upload of the photo, the candidates will be redirected to the fee payment portal.
- Payment mode: Candidates can choose to pay through online mode using debit/credit card or netbanking and offline mode of E-Challan.
- E-Challan: If the candidate opts for payment through E-challan, the system will generate an E-Challan that the candidate has to get printed and has to submit it along with the fee to any nearest Syndicate Bank/ ICICI/Canara Bank.
UGC NET Application Fee
|Category||Application Fee (Revised)|
Candidates can continue the process of application fee payment by clicking on “Yes, I do” option. Also, State list candidates who are not in OBC-NCL (Central List) must choose General.Note: GST/ Processing charges & GST are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable.
Details Required for UGC NET Registration
The clear explanation on how to fill up the details asked for in UGC NET 2019 Application Form is tabulated below.
|Details Asked||Filling Criteria|
|Applied for||Select whether Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship|
|Subject opted for||Select one subject from the 81 specializations available. The selected subject must be your Master degree specialization subject.|
|City of Examination||Select one city from 263 cities where the test is being conducted.|
|Reservation Category||Choose the Reservation Category properly from the drop-down list available|
|Mailing and Permanent Address||Enter Mailing and Permanent Address|
|Educational Qualifications||Enter all the educational qualifications|
|Password Generation||Choose a password and security question and answer, which will be used for all future correspondence|
- The final submission of the online application form will remain incomplete if step 2 and step 3 are not completed. Such forms will stand rejected and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
- No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained by NTA under any circumstances.
- The entire application process of UGC NET June 2019 is online, including uploading of scanned images, Payment of Fees, and Printing of Confirmation Page. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation Page to NTA through Post/ Fax/ By Hand.
- Candidates are advised to keep visiting the NTA’s website regularly for the latest updates and to check their e-mails
UGC NET 2019 Application Form Correction
NTA provides an opportunity to correct the mistakes made in the application form of UGC NET 2019.
- Visit official website i.e. ntanet.nic.in
- Log in to the form correction link with the registration number and password
- Edit the portions which you want to and submit the correct form
- Candidates will only get to correct UGC NET 2019 Application Form if they have submitted it before the closing date.
UGC NET 2019 Application Form FAQs
Ques. When will be the Online Application form for UGC NET June 2019 be available on website?
Ans: The Online Application form for UGC NET 2019 will be available from March 1 at ntanet.nic.in.
Ans: No, the form will not be rejected because of the following reasons:
- in this case, because it is not mandatory to mention Name & Date in Photograph. Make sure that the photo is not with cap or goggles. Spectacles are allowed if being used regularly. Polaroid and Computer generated photos are not acceptable. The photograph should be recent and taken on or after April 1, 2019.
- Candidates may please note that if it is found that photo uploaded is fabricated i.e. de-shaped or seems to be hand-made or computer made, the form of the candidate will be rejected and the same would be considered as using unfair means and the candidate would be dealt with accordingly.
- Candidates are advised to take 6 to 8 passport size colored photographs clear with a white background for use at a later stage.
- Candidate should scan his/her passport size photograph for uploading. File size must be between 10 kb to 200 kb.
Ques. Do I have an option of editing my submitted application?
Ans: Yes, NTA gives you the option to correct your UGC NET 2019 application form
Ques. Whether Aadhar Card number mandatory for filing UGC NET 2019 application form?
Ans: No, Aadhar number is optional only.
Ques. Can I apply for UGC NET 2019 exam through offline mode?
Ans: No, only online application mode is possible.
Ques. I am a Candidate appearing for my final year exams in my Master degree. Can I apply?
Ans: Yes, appearing candidates can apply.
Ques. Is the thumb impression necessary to upload with application form?
Ans: No, thumb impression is not necessary.
Ques. Can I pay application fee through any other mode like Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO etc?
Ans: No, Fee paid through any other modes other than prescribed will be summarily rejected.