CMAT is a national level entrance exam conducted for candidates seeking admission in MBA, PGDM, Executive PGDM, and PGCM courses. NTA will be conducting the exam in CBT mode. CMAT 2020 will be conducted in two slots to check candidates ability in various segments.
- CMAT 2020 will be conducted in the last week of January in the morning and evening shifts.
- CMAT Registration 2020 will begin in the last week of November.
- Indian citizens holding a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline are eligible to apply for the exam. Check CMAT Eligibility Criteria
- The exam is of 3-hours that evaluates a candidate’s ability in Quantitative Technique, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension, and General Awareness. Check CMAT Exam Pattern
- All AICTE-approved institutions accept CMAT Score for post-graduate management courses.
What is NTA?
National Testing Agency (NTA) was approved by the Union Cabinet in 2017 as an autonomous and self-sustained testing organization to conduct entrance exams. From 2019, NTA is conducting all the major exams that were being conducted by CBSE and AICTE till 2018.
Download Free CMAT Practice Papers
Features of NTA
- The examination will use highly secured IT software and encryption to ensure delivery of tests just in time. This will ensure no leakages and other malpractices.
- All tests would be set scientifically with the test items developed jointly by the subject matter experts and psychometricians.
Highlights of CMAT 2020
|CMAT Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Periodicity||Once in a year|
|CMAT Official Website||ntacmat.nic.in|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Type and Number of Questions||100 Objective Questions|
|Validity of CMAT Score||1 year|
|CMAT Score Accepting Colleges||1000+ colleges|
|CMAT Helpdesk||7042399521/ 7042399525/ 7042399526|
CMAT 2020 Exam Schedule
While the official notification of CMAT 2020 is expected to release in October, given below are the CMAT Exam Dates for your reference:
|CMAT 2020 Official Notification||October 9, 2019|
|CMAT 2020 Registration Date||November 12- December 17, 2019|
|CMAT 2020 Admit Card Date||January 15, 2020|
|CMAT 2020 Exam Date||January 27, 2020|
|CMAT 2020 Result Date||February 5, 2020|
CMAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
The primary eligibility conditions applicable to all students appearing in CMAT 2020 is given below:
- Applicant should be a citizen of India.
- Graduates in any discipline can apply for CMAT exam.
- Final year students of graduate programs are also eligible to appear in the exam.
- There is no age limit to apply for the exam.
Check Detailed CMAT 2020 Eligibility
CMAT 2020 Registration
- Visit the official website of CMAT.
- Create an account with a valid email address.
- Provide contact information, personal, educational and work experience, the list of programs to send scores, and the ID that you will use at the test center.
- Enter your name and date of birth exactly as indicated on the primary and secondary ID.
- The photograph must have a resemblance to the candidate and the photograph on the primary ID. This photograph will be attached on the admit card.
- Pay the registration fee via debit/credit card/ e-challan as given below:
|Category||Male (INR)||Female (INR)|
|General/ Non-creamy layer OBC||1400||700|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||700||700|
Read More About CMAT 2020 Registration
CMAT Exam Pattern
- The exam will be conducted on a single day, in two shifts.
- The language of the exam is English only.
Comprehensive knowledge of the paper patternis essential for the candidates to plan their preparation. Quick highlights of CMAT 2020 Exam Pattern are given below:
|Highlights of CMAT Exam Pattern|
|Mode of exam||Computer-Based (CBT)|
|Type of questions||Objective or MCQ|
|Number of sections||4 (Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, English and General Awareness)|
|Duration of exam||180 minutes|
|Number of questions||100; each section will have 25 questions|
|Total marks||400 marks|
|CMAT marking scheme||+4 for each correct answer -1 for each wrong answer|
Note: Visually Impaired or Cerebral Palsy Candidates will be given a time extension of twenty minutes for every hour of the test, thus for 3-hour test you will get a total of ‘One Hour’ extra.
There is no official CMAT Syllabus. However, based on the previous year papers, the most important topics for each section (Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, Logical Reasoning, and General Awareness) are given below:
|Language Skills||Language usage and their rules, Para jumble, Syntax and correct grammar, Vocabulary, Fill in the blanks, Idioms, Reading comprehension, Anonyms, and Synonyms|
|Quantitative Skills||Data interpretation, problem-solving, data sufficiency, arithmetic, geometry, modern mathematics, algebra and number systems|
|Logical Reasoning||Family tree, arrangement, numeric grid, coding and series|
|General Awareness||Personalities, Books and authors, History, Politics, Economics, Business, Sports, Social Developments, Entertainment, Current Affairs of National and International Economy, Personalities in News|
- CMAT Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus, Important Topics, Study Material & Preparation Tips
- CMAT 2020 Logical Reasoning Section
CMAT Sample Papers 2020
Candidates can download the section-wise CMAT Sample Papers from the link given below to measure their preparation level and carve out their strong and weak areas.
CMAT 2020 Admit Card
- CMAT 2020 Admit Card is expected to release in the second week of January.
- It is a mandatory document for appearing in the test.
- It contains details such as the candidate’s name, date of birth, exam center, photograph, etc.
- Candidates can download CMAT Admit Card from ntacmat.nic.in using enrollment id and password.
- The copy of the admit card will also be sent to the registered email id.
- In case of any discrepancy in CMAT Admit Card, contact CMAT helpdesk (7042399521/ 7042399525/ 7042399526 ) immediately.
CMAT 2020 Exam Centers
- CMAT 2020 will be conducted in 84 cities across India.
- Candidates have to choose 3 CMAT Exam Centers at the time of filling in the application form.
- The test cities will be allotted based on the availability of slots.
- It is to be noted that the exam conducting authority reserves the right to change or cancel the test time/date at their own discretion.
Given below are the exam cities for CMAT 2020:
|CMAT Test Cities|
|Ahmednagar||Chandigarh/ Mohali/ Panchkula||Guwahati||Kolhapur||Navi Mumbai||Trivandrum|
|Allahabad/ Prayagraj||Chennai||Gwalior||Kolkata||Greater Noida/ Noida||Udaipur|
|Bangalore||Delhi/ New Delhi||Jaipur||Mangalore||Rajkot||Guntur|
|Tirupati||Vijayawada||Bhilai/ Durg/ Bhilai Nagar||Anand||Gandhinagar||Kadi/ Mehsana|
CMAT 2020 Results
- NTA will release CMAT Results on February 8, 2020, at ntacmat.nic.in.
- The results will be available in the form of scores.
- Enter the issued Log-in ID and Password to access the same.
- CMAT scorecard contains information about the total and sectional scores of the candidate.
- Along with CMAT 2020 Result, the examination board also releases the CMAT 2020 Merit listwhich includes the All India Rank of the candidates and their scores.
- It contains names of the candidates shortlisted for further selection rounds.
- The CMAT 2020 Results will be announced in the form of percentile.
- The process for computing percentile score is mentioned below-
Percentile in CMAT 20 (P) = (N-Candidate’s rank)/N) * 100
*Where P is Percentile and N is Number of Candidates
CMAT Score Card Sample
CMAT 2020 Cut Off
CMAT 2020 Cut off will be released course-wise and category-wise for each college. All CMAT Participating Colleges will be declaring their cutoff based on the merit list released by NTA. Candidates who wil clear CMAT cut off and fulfill other eligibility criteria will be offered admissions in various management courses.
Once the candidates download their CMAT 2020 Scorecard and the merit list is published, they can start applying for admission to individual colleges and participate in the selection procedure of that particular institute. Candidates are eligible to attend the selection process only if their score is higher than the CMAT 2020 Cut off set by the institutes.
- CMAT Cutoff 2020 for PUMBA
- CMAT Cutoff 2020 for Goa Institute of Management (GIM)
- CMAT Cut off 2020 for IMT Ghaziabad
Trending Questions on CMAT
Ques. What are the Best CMAT Preparation Books?
Ans. There are many books available in markets that can lend you a helping hand in your preparation. But, to gain a good percentile, you need to make a safe choice. Thus, for CMAT Preparation, go through the enlisted books which use simple yet effective language, so that all your fundamentals are cleared.
- Mission MBA guide by B.S. Sijwali and Tarun Goyal by Arihant
- MAT entrance exam with practice CD by GKP
- The Pearson MAT super course with CD by Pearson
- Study package for MAT by Arun Sharma
- 10 challengers MAT: 10 mock tests for MAT by Dharmendra Mittal
- MAT score accelerator by Disha publications
- MAT solved papers by Disha experts
- Barron’s guide for MAT by Eugene D. Jaffe
- MAT Entrance guide by Deepak Aggarwal
Ques. Why is CMAT better than CAT?
Ans. CMAT offers a higher success rate than CAT. The level of difficulty in CMAT is lower concerning the CAT. Also, more than 2 lac candidates take CAT each year, raising the competition level. Read more here
Ques. Which are the top CMAT coaching centers?
Ans. Here is the city-wise life of coaching institutes for you:
|City||CMAT Coaching Center|
|Delhi||Endeavor Careers Pvt. Ltd|
|Brilliant Academy of Learning|
|Chennai||Triumphant Institute of Management Education Pvt. Ltd. (T.I.M.E.)|
|Kolkata||Erudite Educational Centre|
|Ahmedabad||Expert Educare Pvt. Ltd|
Check Other CMAT Coaching Center
Ques. What are the top colleges under CMAT?
Ans. All AICTE approved Institutes / Departments / Constituent Colleges / Affiliated Colleges of Universities are expected to accept CMAT scores. The specific notifications issued by Universities and State Governments are available at CMAT website, i.e. https://ntacmat.nic.in.
Given below are some of the top colleges accepting CMAT Score. Candidates clearing CMAT Cutoff and qualifying the pre-admission rounds will be called for the counselling process.
|Asia Pacific Institute of Management, New Delhi||Birla Institute of Management Technology, (BIMTECH) Greater Noida|
|Alliance School of Business, Bangalore||Christ University, Bangalore|
|Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra||Doon Business school, Dehradun|
|Galgotias Business School, Greater Noida||GIBS Business School, Bangalore|
|GITAM School of International Business||Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai|
|Goa Institute of Management, Goa||Institute of Financial Management and Research, Changambakkam|
|Department of Management Studies, NIT Durgapur||International Institute of Business Studies (IIBS), Bangalore|
CMAT 2020 Selection Process
CMAT Selection Process comprises Group discussion (GD) and then Personal Interview or Written Ability Test (WAT). Each college holds its selection rounds. The institutes declare the final list of selected candidates based on the scores in CMAT 2020, GD and Personal Interview or WAT. Brief about each round is given below:
- Group Discussion, the candidates are segregated into groups of 10 or so and they will be given an important topic to discuss for 5 to 10 minutes. There are various criteria based on which the candidates will receive points such as –
- Initiation Skill
- Negotiation Skills
- Managerial Skills
- Encouragement Skills
- Closure Skills
- Personal Interview is usually the final round of selection. Candidates have to appear before a panel of experts/faculty members who try to assess the candidate based on their academic background, hobbies, interests, work experience, etc.
Read More About CMAT 2020 Selection Process
Candidates who are finally selected will proceed towards to CMAT Counselling process. Candidates have to register themselves on the official website to participate in the counselling process. After successful registration, they have to give their preference for college and course. Steps involved in CMAT Counselling are:
- Online registration
- Choice filling and locking
- Verification of documents
- Allocation of seats
- Reporting to college
CMAT 2020 FAQs
Ques. What are the programs offered through CMAT? What is the eligibility of each of those?
Ans. Following are the courses offered: You will be eligible for PGDM, MBA and similar, PGCM and Executive PGDM programs. Eligibility criteria for admission to these programs will be as per criteria laid down by individual University / Institution. However, the eligibility criteria for different Post Graduate Management Programme in AICTE affiliated institutions is as follows:
|MBA||2 years||Recognized bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years with at least 50% marks (45% for the candidates belonging to a reserved category).|
|PGCM||1 to 2 years||Recognized bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years.|
|PGDM||15 months||Recognized bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years with at least 50% marks (45% for the candidates belonging to a reserved category).At least 5 years relevant managerial/supervisory work experience.|
Ques. Can I appear for CMAT 2020 just for preparation for other management tests?
Ans. No, only eligible candidates can appear in the CMAT exam.
Ques. Is there any age limit criteria for appearing in CMAT 2020?
Ans. No, there is no age limit criteria for appearing in CMAT 2020.
Ques. What is the registration fee for CMAT 2020 and the modes of payment?
Ans. The registration fee for general and OBC category candidates is Rs. 1400 + bank charges, as applicable. For female, SC, ST and PD category candidates, it is Rs. 700 + bank charges, as applicable. You are required to pay the CMAT 2020 registration fee either by an online mode like a credit card, debit card, and net banking or through paying a bank challan at any SBI bank branch.
Ques. Will I be able to use my coaching institute’s or a friend’s e-mail address while registering for CMAT?
Ans. No, you must have your own valid and unique e-mail address, which you will be using for at least last next eight months.
Ques. Can I pay the application fee through bank demand draft, cheque or cash?
Ans. No, CMAT 2020 registration fee cannot be paid through bank demand draft or cheque. You are required to pay it either by an online mode like a credit card, debit card, and net banking or through paying a bank challan at any SBI bank branch.
Ques. How can I choose a test city?
Ans. You can select up to 3 choices of the cities at the time of online registration. Your choices in the specified order will be given due consideration and weightage. However, the actual allotment as per the order of your choice will be subject to availability of the slot in that particular city.
Ques. From where can I access the list of test cities of CMAT 2020?
Ans. The list of CMAT 2020 test cities is available at the official website – ntacmat.nic.in.
Ques. What details are provided on the CMAT 2020 admit card?
Ans. The CMAT 2020 admit card contains your photograph, name, signature, CMAT Roll number, test date, test time, reporting time at the venue, venue name, venue address and brief instructions related to the exam.
Ques. Will I receive CMAT 2020 admit card in hard copy at my home address?
Ans. No. Apart from the CMAT 2020 admit card made available online on the website, it will be sent to your registered e-mail address. Therefore, it is mandatory for you to have a valid e-mail address provided and accessible throughout the selection process.
Ques. What are the details of the CMAT Customer Care Support?
Ans. CMAT Customer Care Support is available on phone and e-mail from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM. The helpline numbers are +91-8429996897, 9453827201 and 9453827203. The e-mail Id is firstname.lastname@example.org. Queries received by e-mail will be responded within two business days.
Ques. Can I change my preferred CMAT exam center after submitted my form?
Ans. No. You will not be able to make any changes to the submitted form.
Ques. Will I be able to cancel my application and apply for a refund of CMAT registration fee once after paying it?
Ans. The cancellation of application and refund of fee will not be allowed in any circumstance.
Ques. In case I do not appear in CMAT 2020 after registering, would I be eligible for the fee refund?
Ans. No. The refund of the CMAT 2020 fee will not be allowed in any circumstance.
Ques. What is the reporting time for the CMAT 2020 exam?
Ans. You will be required to reach the allotted exam center for one hour and thirty minutes before the CMAT 2020 exam time. The CMAT 2020 exam will be held at 9:30 AM on January 20, 2020. You will be required to arrive at the test center on or before 8:00 AM on the same day for security checks, identity verification and check-in.
Ques. What documents should I bring at the test center on the CMAT 2020 exam day?
Ans. You need to bring a self-attested copy of the CMAT 2020 to admit card with recent passport size photo pasted on it, at least one original and valid (not expired) photo identification proof (to be matched with your name as entered in the CMAT application form).
The acceptable photo identification proof can be driving license, passport, PAN card, voter Id, Aadhaar card or a notarized affidavit (in English) with photo, signature, date of birth and residential address. Photocopies of the original are not acceptable.
Candidates will not be permitted to take the CMAT 2020 exam if photo identification is not presented. SC/ST/PD candidates are required to bring their valid category certificate in original and an attested photocopy. Attestation can be done by institute head also.
Ques. Should my name in CMAT application form match with the name appearing on the identification proof produced at the exam center?
Ans. Yes. In case of mismatch, the exam center authority holds the right to restrict you from appearing in the exam.
Ques. What are the permitted belongings at the CMAT 2020 exam center?
Ans. None. You will not be permitted to bring any personal items to the test center, including but not limited to wrist-watch, cell phone or calculators.
Ques. Will I be able to take any breaks during the CMAT 2020 exam?
Ans. No, you will not be given any break during the CMAT exam.
Ques. In case I complete my exam before three hours, would I be able to leave early?
Ans. No. Even if you complete the exam before the scheduled end time, you will not be allowed to leave the exam hall.
Ques. Will I be getting rough papers for calculations during the online exam?
Ans. Yes, you will be given a computer and rough papers for calculations. Rough work cannot be done on any other paper or sheet. On completion of the test, you will have to hand over all the used rough paper to the administrator.
Ques. Will my CMAT 2020 scores be shared with me on the test day itself?
Ans. No, the actual results will be declared on February 2020.
Ques. Will I be able to make changes to my postal address after submitting the CMAT application form?
Ans. No, after submitting your application form, there is no way to change your information.
Ques. Who all are eligible to take the CMAT exam under the Physically Disabled (PD) category?
Ans. As per the “Persons with Disability Act, 1995”, candidate appearing for CMAT in India qualifies to be a Physically Disabled (PD) candidate, if he/she suffers from any of the listed disabilities to the extent of not less than 40% as certified by a medical authority – Visually Impaired, Physically Handicapped, Hearing Impairment or Dumb.
Ques. If I belong to the PD category, which all assistance devices can I bring at my CMAT exam center?
Ans. Following are the approved assistance devices that you may select in the application form and bring to the exam center:
- Testing Assistance Applicable for Arranged by
- Abacus (without a calculator) Visually Impaired Candidate
- Hearing Aid Hearing Impairment Candidate
- Wheel Chair Locomotor Disability/ Cerebral Palsy Candidate
- Screen/Font Magnification Visually Impaired Test Centre
- Scribe/Reader Visually Impaired/Cerebral Palsy Candidate/Test Centre (on prior request)
Ques. I belong to the PD category for low vision/blindness/cerebral palsy. What unique accommodation would be provided to me on the test day?
Ans. Visually impaired and cerebral palsy candidates will be allowed to bring a scribe or reader as per the scribe norms mentioned on the CMAT official website. NTA can also provide scribe facility if you would opt for it. You will be able to interact with the scribe a day before the examination. After meeting with the identified scribe, you will be required to submit an undertaking. You will also be provided with a time extension of one hour for the computer-based test.
Ques. How much will more time be given to the visually impaired or cerebral palsy candidates in CMAT 2020?
Ans. Visually impaired or cerebral palsy candidates will be given a time extension of twenty minutes for every hour of the test. So for three hours’ test, you will get a total of extra one hour.
Ques. What is the CMAT 2020 eligibility criteria for a scribe or reader?
Ans. The scribe must:
- Not be your family member or friend.
- Is not involved in any academic tutoring or preparation for the test to be administered.
- Has not completed 19 years of age as of January 20, 2020.
- Has an academic qualification lower than that of the candidate.
*Note that the age certificate of the scribe has to be presented at the test center.
Ques. Which do all universities or institutes consider CMAT scores for admissions?
Ans. All AICTE approved institutes, departments, constituent colleges, and affiliated colleges of universities are expected to accept CMAT scores. The specific notifications issued by universities and state governments are available at the CMAT official website – nta.ac.in/Management exam
Ques. I have completed an undergraduate degree course in part-time or distance learning mode. Am I eligible to apply for the CMAT 2020 exam?
Ans. Yes, as long as the respective statutory bodies approve it.
Ques. Will CMAT 2020 score be considered for admissions to a part-time MBA course?
Ans. CMAT score will be considered for admissions to all the AICTE approved part-time MBA programs.
Ques. Is there any sectional cut-off in the CMAT 2020 examination?
Ans. No. There is no sectional cut-off in the CMAT 2020 exam.
Ques. For how many years is CMAT score valid?
Ans. The CMAT 2020 exam scores will be valid for the admissions to the academic year 2020-21 only.
Ques. How are candidates assessed in CMAT?
Ans. CMAT assesses the appearing candidates based on their attitude towards the management education and ranks them in the order of their merit. The objective of the test is not to eliminate the candidates from the process of seeking admission in the AICTE approved management programs, but to facilitate the institutions for selection of suitable candidates as per their merit. The colleges, based on their merit list can decide if the candidate of a certain rank is eligible for admission.
Ques. I have made some mistake in my details while registering for CMAT 2020. Will I be able to rectify it?
Ans. You may select the ‘Existing User Login’ on the CMAT website to make changes to your details, such as an address, educational information or exam city preferences. For security reasons, editing of candidate’s full name, date of birth, e-mail Id, mobile number, state and country will not be allowed. However, if you have genuinely made a mistake in entering your date of birth or state, will have to show any evidence of the correct data at the time of examination/interview/admission. Else your candidature will be nullified. If you have made a mistake in filling out details for the fields which will affect the selection process (such as percentage of marks, category, gender and work experience), then you are advised to re-register with a new e-mail Id. Your CMAT 2020 application will be considered for the latest registration and admit card will be issued for the same. Note: You will not receive a refund or admit card for your earlier registration. Failure to re-register in such circumstances may lead to the nullification of your candidature.
Ques. Is there any detailed syllabus for the preparation of CMAT 2020?
Ans. No. The CMAT exam does not have a defined syllabus for the preparation. However, you can attempt the mock test to understand the pattern of exam and types of questions. You should also check the CMAT website regularly for the announcement of mock test.