SBI PO 2019 is conducted in order to recruit probationary officers in various branches of State Bank of India across the nation. Candidates who desire to be appointed as probationary officer will have to clear all the 3 stages of the SBI PO Exam – prelims, mains and group discussion & personal interview.
LATEST APPLICATION FORMS 2019
ADMISSIONS 2019 OPEN AT CHANDIGARH UNIVERSITYUNIVERSITY WITH BEST PLACEMENT RECORDSDISCOVER EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING APPROACHAPPLY NOWJAIN UNIVERSITY BANGALORE | TOP-RATED UNIVERSITY IN INDIAASSURED 100% PLACEMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTSGRADED A BY NAAC | AWARDED 4 STARS BY KSURF RATINGSAPPLY NOWADMISSIONS 2019 OPEN AT CHANDIGARH UNIVERSITYUNIVERSITY WITH BEST PLACEMENT RECORDSDISCOVER EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING APPROACHAPPLY NOWJAIN UNIVERSITY BANGALORE | TOP-RATED UNIVERSITY IN INDIAASSURED 100% PLACEMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTSGRADED A BY NAAC | AWARDED 4 STARS BY KSURF RATINGSAPPLY NOW
- The first stage of SBI PO Selection Process is preliminary examination. Candidates have to qualify Prelims in order to proceed on to the next stage
- The second stage is the Mains exam which has one objective test and one descriptive test. In descriptive test a letter and an essay has to be written by test takers. Check SBI PO Exam Pattern
- The final stage is Group Discussion/Exercise and Interview round which has a weightage of 25% of the total marks.
Those who qualify all the stages will be called for the document verification. It must be noted that the candidates can be appointed in any branch of the bank across India. However, preference is asked by the candidates but that is also based on the merit list and rank of the candidate. Check SBI PO 2019 Cutoff
LATEST APPLICATION FORMS 2019
JAIN UNIVERSITY BANGALORE | TOP-RATED UNIVERSITY IN INDIAASSURED 100% PLACEMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTSGRADED A BY NAAC | AWARDED 4 STARS BY KSURF RATINGSAPPLY NOWAPPLY FOR UG/PG COURSES AT BENNETT UNIVERSITYTIMES OF INDIA GROUP | SCHOLARSHIP UPTO 100%*7 DEDICATED RESEARCH LABS | 10 CR+ RESEARCH GRANTS APPLY NOWAPPLY NOWLAST DATE TO APPLY AT MANAV RACHNA IS APPROACHING SOON28,000+ Alumni base | 500+ MNC RecruitersTOP 3 EMERGING INSTITUTES FOR PLACEMENTSAPPLY NOWADMISSIONS CLOSING SOON FOR BML MUNJAL UNIVERSITYMENTORED BY IMPERIAL COLLEGE LONDON200+ COMPANIES IN PLACEMENTS AND INTERNSHIPAPPLY NOW
Download SBI PO Previous Year Question Papers APPLY NOW CHECK ELIGIBILITY GET UPDATES
SBI PO 2019 Selection Procedure
SBI PO selection procedure is done on the basis of preliminary examination, mains examination, group discussion and personal interview. Preliminary examination would be held on June 8, 9, 15 and 16, 2019 which will consist of 3 sections (English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability).
After clearing the prelims according to the cut off set by the bank, candidate will proceed to SBI PO Mains examination. This examination will carry 2 parts (Objective Test and Descriptive Test).
Candidates will have to qualify in the mains test to proceed to the final stage of group discussion and personal interview to get through final merit list. The final merit will be based on the marks of mains paper and GD+PI. Preliminary test marks are not counted for the final result. Interview carries 30 marks and Group Exercise carries 20 marks. The written tests have a weightage of 75% while GD and PI have a weightage of 25%. APPLY NOW CHECK ELIGIBILITY GET UPDATES
SBI PO Preliminary Examination
Preliminary examination of SBI PO comprises of 3 sections- English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability. The questions will be asked as multiple choice where candidate will have to mark 1 correct answer out of 4 given options.
Candidate will be awarded with 1 mark for every correct answer but 0.25 marks will be deducted out of each wrong answer, however, no marks will be deducted for an unattempt question. Time allotted to complete Preliminary examination will be 1 hour only.
Following table elaborates on the three sections of preliminary examination of SBI PO Examination 2019
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum marks||Sectional Duration|
|English language||30 Questions||30 marks||20 minutes|
|Quantitative aptitude||35 Questions||35 marks||20 minutes|
|Reasoning ability||35 Questions||35 marks||20 minutes|
|Total||100 Questions||100 marks||60 minutes|
Check SBI PO 2019 Prelims Cut Off
SBI PO Mains Examination
SBI PO Mains examination is divided into 2 sections- objective test and descriptive test. Both the sections are conducted online. Objective test has a duration of 3 hours duration and descriptive test has to be completed in 30 minutes.
- Objective test section includes topics such as Reasoning and Computer Aptitude, Data Analysis and Interpretation, General/Economy/Banking Awareness and English Language.
- Candidate’s letter writing and essay writing skills are assessed in the descriptive test.
SBI PO Objective Test
The table below explains the structure that will be followed in the SBI PO Mains Examination- Objective Test
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum marks||Time duration|
|Reasoning and computer aptitude||45 Questions||60 marks||60 minutes|
|Data analysis and Interpretation||35 Questions||60 marks||45 minutes|
|General/economy/banking awareness||40 Questions||40 marks||35 minutes|
|English language||35 Questions||40 marks||40 minutes|
|Total||155 Questions||200 marks||3 hours (180 minutes)|
SBI PO Descriptive Test
Candidates may note that the descriptive test would begin immediately after the conclusion of SBI PO Objective Test. DescriptiveTest will consists the questions based on English Language (Letter Writing and Essay Writing).
- Descriptive test will also be conducted online.
- The total marks allotted for descriptive test is 50 marks and duration of the test is 30 minutes.
- Both objective and descriptive test are conducted on the same day.
- It is important to note that answer sheet of descriptive test will be checked for those candidates who qualify in the objective test.
Group Discussion and Interview (GD & PI)
Candidates will be called for group discussion after they qualify through the cut off set by bank with regards to the SBI PO Mains examination 2019. After going through the group discussion session, candidates will be called for personal interview which will test personality of the candidate along with the qualifications and other qualities.
- Group discussion/Exercise carries 20 marks
- Personal Interview round carries 30 marks.
- Final merit list will be based on the marks obtained in mains and GD/PI round.
- Prelims score will not be counted in the final merit list.
- Final merit list will be prepared after the board conducts all the interviews and candidates will be recruited after their documents have been successfully verified.
Read SBI PO 2019 Preparation Tips
SBI PO 2019 Final Selection Process
Final selection of the candidates will be based on the score obtained in the SBI PO Mains Examination and Group Discussion/Interview session. Final merit list is prepared on the basis of the marks secured in SBI Mains and GD & PI. The weightage to written tests and GD/PI is 75% and 25% respectively.
Candidates will be selected only if they successfully pierce through the last 2 stages of SBI PO selection procedure i.e. SBI PO Mains Examination and Group Discussion & Interview Session. Marks secured by the candidates in the Written Test (out of 250 marks) will be converted to out of 75 marks and marks secured in Group Discussion and Interview (out of 50 marks) will be converted to out of 25 marks.
Final merit list will be prepared after aggregating converted marks of Written Test and Group Discussion & Interview out of 100 marks for each category. Candidates from top merit rank in each category will be selected.
List of candidates who will qualify in group discussion and interview session will be uploaded on the official website by the Bank.
Important Documents for SBI PO 2019 Selection Process
A candidate will be recruited only after he/she has cleared all the stages of SBI PO Examination and the documents as specified by the bank have been duly verified. Candidate is advised to carry original documents as well as photocopies of the documents (self-attested).
Here is a list of documents that a candidate must carry with him/her for verification:
- Candidate must carry a copy of printout of Interview Admit Card.
- Proof of Date of Birth (as specified in SSC/class 10th certificate)
- Printout of System generated Online SBI PO Application Form.
- Photo Identity Proof accepted by State Bank of India (Aadhar Card, Driving License, etc.)
- Mark Sheets and Certificates of Graduation or equivalent qualification.
- Caste certificate for SC/ST/OBC category candidates issued by competent authority as designated by Government of India. Candidates falling under creamy layer or their name not appearing in the Central List of OBCs can apply under General category only.
- Disability certificate issued by the District Medical Board in case of persons with disability must be carried along with the other documents.
- Ex-Servicemen are required to produce a copy of the Service or Discharge book besides pension payment order and documentary proof of rank previously / currently held at the time of interview.
- Certificate of Experience must be produced.
- Citizens/Subjects of other countries except India /PIOs are required to submit a certificate of eligibility issued by Government of India.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation under the category of Original Jammu & Kashmir residents during the insurgency period from January 01, 1980 to Dec. 31, 1989, are require to submit a domicile certificate issued by District Jurisdiction or any authorized body of Govt. of Jammu and Kashmir during the interview process.
Vacancies in SBI PO 2019
Every year State Bank of India releases multiple number of vacancies available throughout the nation for the post of Probationary Officer in SBI branches. The following flow chart represents the total vacancies in SBI PO 2019 recruitment:
For the year 2019, following table shows the expected number of vacancies for general category as well as reserved categories (SC/ST, OBC, and PwD)
However, the number of vacancies can be increased or decreased at any point of time during the recruitment process.