Mentors academy Chandigarh, is best name when it comes to SSC coaching in Chandigarh. It provides the best and experienced faculty. It has over 20 centres in India which help students to take transfer. Proper online mock test sessions are held. There are special SSC Classes organised on weekends by retired. Mentors Academy Chandigarh facilitates fully equipped computer labs for online test practice for Tier-I & II.
Address: SCO 114, 115, 3rd floor, Sector 34 A, Chandigarh
Phone: +91-9780333722, +919464543390
Website: Mentors Academy
Multiple Choice Questions:
1) David obtained 76, 65, 82, 67, and 85 marks (out of 100) in English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. What are his average marks?
- a) 65 b) 69 c) 72 d) 76 e) none of these
2) The average of 20 numbers is zero. Of them, at the most, how may be greater than zero?
- a) 0 b) 1 c) 10 d) 19
3) Find the average of all the numbers between 6 and 34 which are divisible by 5.
- a) 18 b) 20 c) 24 d) 30
4) The average of first five multiples of 3 is:
- a) 3 b) 9 c) 12 d) 15
5) The average of first nine prime numbers is:
- a) 9 b) 11 c) 11 d) 11
6) A student was asked to find the arithmetic mean of the numbers 3, 11, 7, 9, 15, 13, 8, 19, 17, 21, 14 and x. He found the mean to be 12. What should be the number in place of x?
- a) 3 b) 7 c) 17 d) 31
7) The average of 2, 7, 6 and x is 5 and the average of 18, 1, 6, x and y is 10. What is the value of y?
- a) 5 b) 10 c) 20 d) 30
8) If the mean of 5 observations x, x+2, x+4, x+6, and x+8 is 11, then the mean of the last three observations is:
- a) 11 b) 13 c) 15 d) 17
9) The average of the two-digit numbers, which remain the same when the digits interchange their positions, is
- a) 33 b) 44 c) 55 d) 66
10) The average of first 50 natural numbers is:
- a) 12.25 b) 21.25 c) 25 d) 25.5
11) The average of a non-zero number and its square is 5 times the number. The number is
- a) 9 b) 17 c) 29 d) 295
12) The average of 7 consecutive numbers is 20. The largest of these numbers is:
- a) 20 b) 22 c) 23 d) 24
13) The sum of three consecutive odd numbers is 38 more than the average of these numbers. What is the first of these numbers?
- a) 13 b) 17 c) 19 d) data inadequate e) none of these
14) The average age of the boys in a class is 16 years and that of the girls is 15 years. The average age for the whole class is:
- a) 15 years b) 15.5 years c) 16 years d) Cannot be computed with the given information
15) A library has an average of 510 visitors on Sundays and 240 on other days. The average number of visitors per day in a month of 30 days beginning with a Sunday is:
- a) 250 b) 276 c) 280 d) 285
16) If the average marks of three batches of 55, 60 and 45 students respectively are 50, 55 and 60, then the average marks of all the students is:
- a) 53.33 b) 54.68 c) 55 d) none of these
17) The average weight of 16 boys in a class is 50.25 kgs and that of the remaining 8 boys is 45.15 kgs. Find the average weight of all the boys in the class.
- a) 47.55 kgs b) 48 kgs c) 48.55 kgs d) 49.25 kgs
18) The average of six numbers is x and the average of three of these is y. If the average of the remaining three is z, then:
- a) x = y + z b) 2x= y + z c) x = 2y + 2z d) none of these
19) The average of 50 numbers is 30. If two numbers, 35 and 40 are discarded, then the average of the remaining numbers is nearly:
- a) 28.32 b) 28.78 c) 29.27 d) 29.68
20) The average of five numbers is 27. If one number is excluded, the average becomes 25. The excluded number is:
- a) 25 b) 27 c) 30 d) 35
21) The average score of a cricketer for ten matches is 38.9 runs. If the average for the first six matches is 42, then find the average for the last four matches.
- a) 33.25 b) 33.5 c) 34.25 d) 35
22) The average of six numbers is 3.95. The average of two of them is 3.4, while the average of the other two is 3.85. What is the average of the remaining two numbers?
- a) 4.5 b) 4.6 c) 4.7 d) 4.8
23) The average of runs of a cricket player of 10 innings was 32. How many runs must he make in his next innings so as to increase his average of runs by 4?
- a) 2 b) 4 c) 70 d) 76
24) A grocer has a sale of Rs. 6435, Rs. 6927, Rs 6855, Rs 7230 and Rs 6562 for 5 consecutive months. How much sale must he have in the sixth month so that he gets an average sale of Rs. 6500?
- a) Rs 4991 b) Rs 5991 c) Rs 6001 d) 6991
25) In the first 10 overs of a cricket game, the run rate was only 3.2. What should be the run rate in the remaining 40 overs to reach the target of 282 runs?
- a) 6.25 b) 6.5 c) 6.75 d) 7
26) The average price of three items of furniture is Rs. 15000. If their prices are in the ratio 3: 5: 7, the price of the cheapest item is:
- a) Rs 9000 b) Rs 15000 c) Rs 18000 d) Rs 21000
27) Of the four numbers, whose average is 60, the first is one-fourth of the sum of the last three. The first number is
- a) 15 b) 45 c) 48 d) 60.25
28) Of the three numbers, the average of the first and the second is greater than the average of the second and the third by 15. What is the difference between the first and the third of the three numbers?
- a) 15 b) 45 c) 60 d) data inadequate e) None of these
29) If the arithmetic mean of seventy – five numbers is calculated, it is 35. If each number is increased by 5, then mean of new numbers is:
- a) 30 b) 40 c) 70 d) 90
30) The average of ten number is 7. If each number is multiplied by 12, then the average of the new set of numbers is:
- a) 7 b) 19 c) 82 d) 84
31) The mean of 50 observations was 36. It was found later that an observation 48 was wrongly taken as 23. The corrected new mean:
- a) 35.2 b) 36.1 c) 36.5 d) 39.1
32) A Pupil’s marks were wrongly entered as 83 instead of 63. Due to that the average marks for the class got increased by half. The number of pupils in the class is:
- a) 10 b) 20 c) 40 d) 73
33) The average of 11 numbers is 10.9. If the average of the first six number is 10.5 & that of the last six number is 11.4, then the middle number is:
- a) 11 b) 11.3 c) 11.4 d) 11.5
34) The average weight of A, B & C is 45 Kg. If the average weight of A & B be 40 Kg & that of B & C be 43 kg, then the weight of B is:
- a) 17 Kg b) 20 Kg c) 26 Kg d) 31 Kg
- The average age of 36 students in a group is 14 years. When teacher’s age is included to it, the average
increases by one. What is the teacher’s age in years?
(a) 31 (b) 36 (c) 51 d) cannot be determined e) none of these
- The average age of the mother and her six children is 12 years which is reduced by 5 years if the age of the mother is excluded. How old is the mother?
(a) 40 years (b) 42 years (c) 48 years (d) 50 years
- The average height of 25 boys is 1.4 m. When 5 boys leave the group, then the average height increases by 0.15 m. What is the average height of the 5 boys who leave?
(a) 0.8 m (b) 0.9 m (c) 0.95 m (d) 1.05 m
38) The average weight of 8 persons increases by 2.5 kg when a new person comes in place of one of them weighing 65 kg. What might be the weight of the new person?
(a) 76 kg (b) 76.5 kg (c) 85 kg (d) Data inadequate (e) None of these
39) The average age of 8 men is increased by 2 years when two of them whose ages are 21 years and 23 years are replaced by two new men. The average age of the two new men is:
(a) 22 years (b) 24 years (c) 28 years (d) 30 years
40) The average of five consecutive numbers is n. If the next two numbers are also included, the average will :
(a) Remain the same (b) increase by 1 (c) increase by 1.4 (d) increase by 2
41) A cricketer whose bowling average is 12.4 runs per wicket takes 5 wickets for 26 runs and thereby decreases his average by 0.4. The number of wickets taken by him till the last match was:
(a) 64 (b) 72 (c) 80 (d) 85
42) A motorist travels to a place 150 km away at an average speed of 50 km / hr and returns at 30 km / hr. His average speed for the whole journey in km / hr is:
(a) 35 (b) 37 (c) 37.5 (d) 40
43) The average age of a husband and his wife was 23 years at the time of their marriage. After five years they have a one-year old child. The average age of the family now is :
(a) 19 year (b) 23 years (c) 28.5 years (d) 29.3 years
44) Three years ago, the average age of A and B was 18 years. With C joining them, the average age becomes 22 years. How old is C now?
(a) 24 years (b) 27 years (c) 28 years (d) 30 years
45) The average age of husband, wire and their child 3 years ago was 27 years and that of wife and the child 5 years ago was 20 years. The present age 01 the husband is:
(a) 35/years (b) 40 years (c) 50 years (d) None of these
46) 10 years ago, the average age of a family of 4 members was 24 years. Two children having been born (with age difference of 2 years), the present average age of the family is the same. The present age of the youngest child is: (a) 1 year (b) 2 years (c)13 years (d) 5 years
47) The average age of a group of persons going for picnic is 16 years. Twenty new persons with an average age of 15 years join the group on the spot due to which their average age becomes 15.5 years. The number of persons initially going for picnic is:
(a) 5 (b) 10
(c) 20 (d) 30
48) The arithmetic mean of the scores of a group of students in a test was 92. The brightest 20% of them secured a mean score of 80 and-the dullest 25% a mean score of 31. The mean score of remaining 55% is (a) 45 (b) 50
(c) 51.4 approx. (d) 54.6 approx.
49) The average salary of all the workers in a workshop is Rs. 8000. The average salary of 7 technicians is Rs. 12000 and the average salary of the rest is Rs. 6000. The total number of workers in the workshop is
(a) 20 (b) 21
(c) 22 (d) 23
50) In a school with 600 students, the average age of the boys is 12 years and that of the girls is 11 years, If the average age of the school is 11 years 9 months, then the number of girls in the school is:
(a) 150 (b) 250
(c) 350 (d) 450